Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Post by phuketrichard »

FYI:
Prices in northern Thailand are in free fall according to a friend up there, in the past 24 hours have gone from 500 /grm to less than 350/ and will continue to drop

for comparison, In phuket i was paying 3,000 baht for 100 grms ( thc was around 5%)

Compare to Medmen, https://www.medmen.com/boston-fenway-me ... %5D=flower who run stores across the states
$12/grm (thc 17.7%) up
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

update:

Importing cannabis seeds or other parts of the plants and cannabis-infused products are still subject to agriculture and other rules, meaning one must seek permission from the government. While those looking to plant marijuana for home cultivation can do so by registering online with the government. Finished products brought into Thailand from other countries, either in person by travellers or sent by mail, will be regulated by different laws depending on the product types (the two main categories are imported food products and cosmetics).

Q: IS MARIJUANA LEGAL IN THAILAND NOW?

The short answer is low-THC marijuana for home cultivation is considered legal from June 9. The law considers low THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) to be 0.2% by weight or lower. A higher percentage for cannabis and hemp extracts is still illegal.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/23 ... ew-pot-law
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

0.2 % ?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

bittermelon wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:17 pm0.2 % ?
EXTRACTS
if u smoke the bud ur good to go

Only in thailand
Sixteen tonnes of confiscated cannabis to be returned to drug offenders in Thailand
In bonkers Thailand, the police are giving drug offenders their cannabis back. Now that cannabis is ‘legal’, sort of, Thailand’s Office of the Narcotics Control Board plans to return 16 tonnes of confiscated marijuana to its original owners, according to the board’s Secretary General Wichai Chaimongkol. The stockpiled cannabis is valued at 110 million baht.

Yesterday, all parts of the marijuana plant were delisted as a Category 5 narcotic in Thailand. Growing cannabis at home became legal and more than 3,000 “cannabis convicts” were released from prison. Now that the plant – including the THC-rich flowers – is no longer illegal, the ONCB has a special plan for 16 tonnes of confiscated cannabis…
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/cannabi ... n-thailand

to tell ya the truth i dont really understand
BUT my take is if u grow pot and i mean from good seeds you can smoke said pot at home, BUT you Cant make any kind of extracts ( hash oil) if its over .2%

BUT seems the pot that highlanders is selling is way over .2% :beer3:
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Will this attract a better class of tourists?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Big Daikon wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:06 pm Will this attract a better class of tourists?
Yes! If the Thai-stick is reintroduced :stir:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

Good news, if not I imagine the lab gardeners will be pretty quick to come up with a potent strain that looks like the 0.2 % stuff. I'm excited to see the famous Thai weed when its grown to its full potential- obviously much easier when one doesn't have to hide it.
Re "attracting a better class of tourist" I would be willing to bet that having reasonable weed legally available would make even the same "class of tourists" generally more pleasant/ less obnoxious and I'm sure many police officers around the world would agree.
DankSinatra
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by DankSinatra »

From what I can gather..you can grow what you want but don't make extracts...smoke or eat, just don't make concentrates...
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

bittermelon wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:50 pm Good news, if not I imagine the lab gardeners will be pretty quick to come up with a potent strain that looks like the 0.2 % stuff. I'm excited to see the famous Thai weed when its grown to its full potential- obviously much easier when one doesn't have to hide it.
Re "attracting a better class of tourist" I would be willing to bet that having reasonable weed legally available would make even the same "class of tourists" generally more pleasant/ less obnoxious and I'm sure many police officers around the world would agree.
Unless the price drops dramatically, i can't see tourists flocking to thailand to smoke <
In most civilized countries, medical and even recreationally pot is decimalized and in many totally legally, ( even extracts) so why travel to thailand if your only interest is getting high?

For me i'd much rather sit in a Amsterdam style café than some bar with loud music an obnoxious drunks :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic