Drinking days. Poll.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

How many days a week do you have drink?

0. My body's a temple.
12%
1 or 2 days a week.
21%
2 or 3 days a week.
13%
Most days.
31%
Every day.
24%

Total votes: 68
GeeKay
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Drinking days. Poll.

Post by GeeKay »

Bongmab69 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:14 pm Beer under 5% we call in belgium cat-piss, under 3% isnt even beer for us.
I drink only in the weekends and sometimes on wednesday. I learn from one of my exes (a nurse) that your liver needs detox at least every week. If i get drunk on sundayevening, i think after 60 hours on wednesday-afternoon it has been detoxed.
useally i stay with Anchor even its under 5%, dont tell anybody in belgium, because i would be called a cat-piss-drinker !!
Belgium's know their beer. Why drink under 5% ? just don't drink it all if you're a girl.

Although not so wise listening to a nurse all they are good for is cleaning a grazed knee. Dr's are useless and have little clue about most things so forget nurses.

It's like stupid media in Australia trotting out health experts recommend no more than 8 standard drinks per week. What health experts? 8 drinks in a week? Fuck off you useless cocksuckers but no one says a fucking thing about people smoking filthy cigarettes and sucking in 76 different carcinogens before blowing into some unsuspecting persons airways.

I average 60 beers and 50km a week road running and never had a cigarette in my mouth and I'm doing fine.
"Money lost, Nothing lost......Confidence lost, Everything lost"
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:33 am Was given a nice bottle of single malt for my birthday, so my drinking days went up to seven days a week. May change, may not. :shock:
I'm not a Stoch Whiskey fan myself but I have to admit that bottle is quite attractive.
Boredom is like a shroud
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

I havent had a beer for 8 days. Going to do a month.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Khmu Nation wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:08 pm I havent had a beer for 8 days. Going to do a month.
You’re going to do a month of beers?
GeeKay
Expatriate
Australia

Post by GeeKay »

Khmu Nation wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 5:08 pm I havent had a beer for 8 days. Going to do a month.
Well done.

I'm on day 57 but always remember giving it away for ever won't make you live any longer.

It will just feel longer.
"Money lost, Nothing lost......Confidence lost, Everything lost"
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

Its the retiree lifestyle. Back in blighty you would get home from work, the missus would cook tea, then feet up and watch telly until bedtime. A couple of nights a week off to the local for a beer with mates and a game of darts with the boss telling you what time to be home. Here in Siem Reap the retiree expat is single, or has a complacent khmer gf. No-one giving orders or cooking dinner so off to Khmer Grill for a $3 feed, then up Sok San to Nicky's or Rock Around The Clock. Social life revolves around the bar, drinking beer-flavoured water. Wiser heads break the monotony with the weekly pub quiz at Funky, Pomme or Star Bar and the 'young rockers at heart' head to the Harbour or Laundry for live bands at the weekend. I have a mate who goes fishing on Ton Le Sap and always follows the Tigers soccer team, but he is an exception. Most older expats are to be found in the same bars, in the same seats, socalising over 75c Cambodia draft, until they are called to the big Wat for their final blessing. Ah the expat life...as least we don't have the cold winters.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
notagain
BANNED
Italy

Post by notagain »

It was a slow week, but overall a winning week. The anchor works stably. Lao beer wins as usual. And the Sunday pick was once again a good one, and felt authentic throughout. I wish everyone a good week ahead!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic