SELL - Motorbike HONDA Wave S 125cc

Have a car, truck, motorcycle, or bicycle you'd like to sell? List it here for free. Heck, you can even buy and sell tuktuks or your pink Scoopy here. Remember, you need a driver's license in Cambodia for cars, trucks, and any motorbike that's over 125cc. And always wear a helmet!
iamwombat
Tourist

SELL - Motorbike HONDA Wave S 125cc

Post by iamwombat »

For sale in Phnom Penh
If you are interested, feel free to PM me or email me : [email protected]

Origin : Vietnam importation
Color : Black
Year : 2006
Kilometers : 28100
Excellent condition, fully checked this month
Comes with plate, licence (registration card), helmet (black), chain & lock

Price : $850

juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Re: SELL - Motorbike HONDA Wave S 125cc

Post by juansweetpotato »

Looks good if genuine mileage. I guess my july 2007 wave with Viet plates, 30 something thousand must be worth around $5-600.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

wow now i know Cambodia is expensive;

I brought my honda wave here in Phuket 3 years ago 2005
17,000 kms $650..
now has 24,000
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
iamwombat
Tourist

Post by iamwombat »

Thanks for your messages guys.
Negotiation about the price always possible, as usual in the Kingdom...
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

phuketrichard wrote:wow now i know Cambodia is expensive;

17,000 kms $650..
now has 24,000
And in Vietnam you can buy one new for the price you paid second hand. This is not Thailand or Vietnam. Cost about 2-300 if you want to re-plate it here. Even more if you are a barang. New price in Cambo i think is around 1200!
Looks like a good bike for a good price if it hasn't been f'ed around with and the mileage is genuine. Mine still handles and purrs like new.
iamwombat
Tourist

Post by iamwombat »

Mileage is genuine, and no accident or tamper
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

juansweetpotato wrote:

17,000 kms $650..
now has 24,000
And in Vietnam you can buy one new for the price you paid second hand. This is not Thailand or Vietnam. Cost about 2-300 if you want to re-plate it here. Even more if you are a barang. New price in Cambo i think is around 1200!
Looks like a good bike for a good price if it hasn't been f'ed around with and the mileage is genuine. Mine still handles and purrs like new.

Wait a new one is $1,200 an u think one with 28,000 kms an 9 years old is a good deal for ONLY $350 less?? :please:

and ur saying u can get a new one for $650 and plate it in PP for $300 wow, so $950 total

good profit!!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

iamwombat wrote:Thanks for your messages guys.
We're looking for a moto like that as a staff bike but frankly we don't even bother asking the question when the advertised price is so far off market. Plenty of others to choose from if "negotiation" is going to take that much effort. Just my 2c worth, good luck with your sale.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

phuketrichard wrote:
juansweetpotato wrote:

17,000 kms $650..
now has 24,000

Wait a new one is $1,200 an u think one with 28,000 kms an 9 years old is a good deal for ONLY $350 less?? :please:

and ur saying u can get a new one for $650 and plate it in PP for $300 wow, so $950 total.

good profit!!!
Nah, I looked into it a few years ago. After all the hassle and paperwork, as a barang, you would be only looking at 100$ per bike or so. Let the Khmers/ Vietnamese do it. BTW I don't know the real price of a Honda Wave in Cambodia, they don't mention it on their website. Unlike Vietnam. I wonder why? I have been told it can be as much as $1300 though. Can anyone update me with the price of a basic Cambodian built Wave and the Wave S 125 model straight from the shop?

http://www.honda.com.vn/vn/xe-may/san-pham/wave-alpha/ Ok I miscalculated. They have gone up.

Wave A Price: 16.99 million (VND) 778 US Dollar The suggested retail price (including VAT)

The OP's model would be around : 20.49 million/ 939 US Dollar, though that's for the RSX with Disc brakes, rims spokes:model.
http://www.honda.com.vn/vn/xe-may/san-pham/wave-rsx-fi/

I want a Vietnamese Super Dream : Only 18.700.000 VND/ 857 US Dollar

Honda Waves and Dreams hold their value for years and years. Most reliable bike I ever owned. I've ridden it all over the place. I was hoping to pop up to Chang Mai on it, but the paper work being in a Vietnamese persons name ( law in Vietnam as no foreigners can own anything without all sorts of criteria being met first- being married for instance...) prohibits me from entering Thailand with it. Done Vietnam and Cambodia several times on it. Hence the 30000+ miles.

How much is a new Super Dream in Thailand Phucket? The Vietnamese prefer the Thai built bikes to their own. After Japan of course. Have you ever riden a Japanese Wave? It's like night and day.
juansweetpotato
Expatriate

StroppyChops wrote:
iamwombat wrote:Thanks for your messages guys.
We're looking for a moto like that as a staff bike but frankly we don't even bother asking the question when the advertised price is so far off market. Plenty of others to choose from if "negotiation" is going to take that much effort. Just my 2c worth, good luck with your sale.
How much were you expecting to get one for Stroppy? I'm surprised you think it overly expensive. I guess it really depends on how much they are knocking them out at the shops for now. Any idea of new prices?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic