UK Flight Chaos - Who's at Fault ?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: UK Flight Chaos - Who's at Fault ?

Post by Kenr »

Newinkow wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:06 am @Kenr I don't know where you got your info on Taiwan (EVA Air) not allowing tourist to transit through Taipei until October. You might of had your information mixed up. You cannot transit through Taipei to mainland China. You are allowed to transit on the condition that you are fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR test 2 days (48 hours) prior to your flight.

After reading your post I was confused so I contacted EVA office in Vancouver, via email, just to confirm that I could fly Vancouver to Phnom Penh transiting through Taipei. They reply back that transiting through Taipei to Phnom Penh is allow.

Just for my own curiosity. I did a quick search on EVA Air for a round trip from Huston to Phnom Penh for November 7 to April 18. The cost was just less than $1100 USD for basic economy. The same ticket, for me, from Vancouver to Phnom Penh was about $1550 CAD.

I know you already booked your flights but I thought I would just put it out there in case anybody else from North America is thinking of heading over to KoW or anywhere in SE Asia. EVA Air has the shortest duration time from North America to any SE Asia destination that EVA Air flys to. EVA Air is Taiwan's national airline and Taipei is their home base. They have preferential treatment for connection times. Also no need to switch airlines. EVA Air all the way. You are also allow two 23 kg check in bag, one carry on bag and one day bag/knapsack. If anyone is thinking of heading to SE Asia from North America to should check out EVA Air for a comparison.

On a side note: I have been a lookie-loo on CEO for about 4 years and just recently signed up to be a member. I made an introduction on the site when I signed up. This is only my 3rd post.

I am not too familiar with how CEO works. Can someone please explain how to quote someone's post to reply back to. I was trying to reply back on Kenr post but couldn't figure it out.
They just recently changed it. It was October when I made that post but they changed their position. Yes, I saw that also. In fact Singapore Air added a flight from Singapore to Phnom Penh recently also, the 1:30 pm flight. It wasn’t available when I booked my flight.

Trust me, I have flown EVA my last 4-5 trips to Thailand, it’s less than 23 hours travel and I would have used them if it were available at that time.
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

Quick question. How did you quote my post and reply back
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Newinkow wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:21 am Quick question. How did you quote my post and reply back
Hit the quotation on the far right of your name.
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

Kenr wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:22 am
Newinkow wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:21 am Quick question. How did you quote my post and reply back
Hit the quotation on the far right of your name.
Thanks
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Just to let you know what happened. I never book that early but when I was looking for flights mid-May, on the Taipei airport website it stated that they had extended the transit ban until September 30th, so I wasn’t sure if they were going to extend it again, so I booked Singapore Air after they lifted their Covid test requirement to transit through Changi.

But then I looked the other day and saw that Taipei Airport ended their transit ban early. But just be aware that a Covid test is required to transit through Taipei Airport, for now.
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

Kenr wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:31 am
Just to let you know what happened. I never book that early but when I was looking for flights mid-May, on the Taipei airport website it stated that they had extended the transit ban until September 30th, so I wasn’t sure if they were going to extend it again, so I booked Singapore Air after they lifted their Covid test to transit through Changi.

But then I looked the other day and saw that Taipei Airport ended their transit ban early. But just be aware that a Covid test is required to transit through Taipei Airport, for now.
Agree 100%. That's why I have not booked my flight yet. I am going to risk that cost might go up but I'll not be booking until it gets closer to November. Things can change on a dime with covid-19. Especially with all this nose about the new Omnicom sub-varients that's been hitting the news. Also who knows what new mutations might pop up this coming Fall (Autumn)
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

not UK:

But just checked PP- SFO in Oct
Eva $1,040 ( 17 1/2 hours / 23 hours)
Philippine Airlines $768 ( 33 1/2 / 34)
Singapore $1,145 (19 / 20 1/2) or $1,087 ( 23 1/2 / 20 1/2)
those are only a bit more when i flew in 2018
looks like time for a trip back :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:49 am not UK:

I paid less than $800, actually closer to $700 only because they now charge to pick your seats, in 2020 from IAH-BKK-IAH on EVA.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kenr wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:55 am
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:49 am not UK:

I paid less than $800, actually closer to $700 only because they now charge now to pick your seats, in 2020 from IAH-BKK-IAH on EVA.
the Eva flight to Bangkok is $811
Singapore flight $894
Philippines $627
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

It’s good news for everyone that these airports are starting to open back up for transit and lifting requirements, more flights means more competition and will hopefully bring rates down.

Just hope transiting through Manchester is smooth.😀
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic