NEW: Direct Flights Between Phnom Penh and Ko Samui, Thailand

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

NEW: Direct Flights Between Phnom Penh and Ko Samui, Thailand

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

May 30, 2022
Cambodia Airways kickstarts Phnom Penh-Samui direct flights

Cambodia Airways on Friday announced the launch of a new direct service between Phnom Penh and Samui. The airline will operate two flights a week on Tuesday and Friday, according to a release.

The new service on an Airbus A319 aircraft has a capacity of 150 passengers. The flight, which starts from Phnom Penh at 8:30 am, reaches Samui at 9:40 am. The flight from Samui on KR724 starts at 10.40 am and reaches the Cambodian capital at 11.50 am.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501084325/ ... t-flights/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: NEW: Direct Flights Between Phnom Penh and Ko Samui, Thailand

Post by truffledog »

New connections, new possibilities. why not add a flight to Bali also.
work is for people who cant find truffles
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

pre covid air asia tried a Phuket-pp, phuket -SR 2 days a week> didn't cut it and Phuket gets many many more tourists than samui
So, if u desire to head to samui and than over to Phang Nga for the full moon party an want fly ( $216 for next week one way) this is great
but i bet it wont be around long
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:17 pm pre covid air asia tried a Phuket-pp, phuket -SR 2 days a week> didn't cut it and Phuket gets many many more tourists than samui
So, if u desire to head to samui and than over to Phang Nga for the full moon party an want fly ( $216 for next week one way) this is great
Air Asia flew 4 days a week on both route. Phuket - Siem Reap route started already back in 2017 and they added the Phuket - PP in 2019 due to the success of Phuket - SR connection . Both ended 2020 because of covid. I'm pretty sure it was success.
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 3:17 pm pre covid air asia tried a Phuket-pp, phuket -SR 2 days a week> didn't cut it and Phuket gets many many more tourists than samui
you meant Koh Pha-ngan not Phang Nga, Richard
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Sounds great if you live in PP and want to get away for a break. It's probably less hassle than traveling from PP to SHV, and with nicer beaches and places to stay.
AM34
Expatriate

Post by AM34 »

These new flights are about twice the price of transferring through DMK/BKK. The direct flights to Phuket were great because they were frequent and about the same price as going to Bangkok. I don't think this new route will be successful.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

rogerrabbit wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 4:41 pm
Air Asia flew 4 days a week on both route. Phuket - Siem Reap route started already back in 2017 and they added the Phuket - PP in 2019 due to the success of Phuket - SR connection . Both ended 2020 because of covid. I'm pretty sure it was success.
I flew HKT-PNH in 2019. The plane was about 10% loaded.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

I thought Bangkok Airways had a monopoly of flights into Koh Samui, or is that just from BKK?

Any direct flight from PP to somewhere fun in Thailand is a very welcome development.

It's not showing on SkyScanner but directly is is showing for the next 2 weeks only and costs $414 as opposed to $333 via BKK with Bangkok Airways.

At $100-$150 it might find some business but at $400+ it is competing with a lot more interesting places to visit.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Doc67 wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 9:43 am I thought Bangkok Airways had a monopoly of flights into Koh Samui, or is that just from BKK?

Any direct flight from PP to somewhere fun in Thailand is a very welcome development.

It's not showing on SkyScanner but directly is is showing for the next 2 weeks only and costs $414 as opposed to $333 via BKK with Bangkok Airways.

At $100-$150 it might find some business but at $400+ it is competing with a lot more interesting places to visit.
you didn't add tax and charge Next week.....$216!! one way vs $119 to Phuket via Bangkok ( 4:45 minutes)

I used to always fly HKT-DMK- PP for $220-250 R/T took around 5 hours, enough time in Bangkok for a meal
many airlines fly to samui BUT the airport is owned by Bangkok airways, hence reason flights are expensive>
most people fly into Surat Thani an bus/ferry across and save hundreds of $$
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic