KFC Double Down

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
SoberAsABird
Tourist
United States of America

KFC Double Down

Post by SoberAsABird »

How come I'm only hearing about this by accidentally walking by a KFC? The Double Down is the best fast food sandwich there is and now they've improved upon it by added a puck of fried mozzarella cheese in the middle? If I had known this existed I'd have been here sooner!! You owe it to yourself to try one, there was outrage in the States (by at least me) when this was taken off the menu and I had to bribe my local supplier to make me a few after they were removed.
“Brasky got his wife pregnant and she gave birth to a delicious 16-ounce steak. The afterbirth was sauteed mushrooms.”
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: KFC Double Down

Post by Jerry Atrick »

KFC is shit anyhow; but it's particularly shit here in Cambodia
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Mods: Can we please move this dross to the Asinine section?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

SoberAsABird wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:52 pm How come I'm only hearing about this by accidentally walking by a KFC? The Double Down is the best fast food sandwich there is and now they've improved upon it by added a puck of fried mozzarella cheese in the middle? If I had known this existed I'd have been here sooner!! You owe it to yourself to try one, there was outrage in the States (by at least me) when this was taken off the menu and I had to bribe my local supplier to make me a few after they were removed.
A few days in Cambodia and you found yourself the best sandwich in the World. You're one lucky person, aren't you?
What's next on your to do list? Try sausages from seven eleven?
SoberAsABird
Tourist
United States of America

Post by SoberAsABird »

Getting a feel for this board is always interesting, a few curmudgeons will always be necessary to maintain the balance. Jerry Atrick is right looking back on it from the next day though.
“Brasky got his wife pregnant and she gave birth to a delicious 16-ounce steak. The afterbirth was sauteed mushrooms.”
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Doc67 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:13 pm Mods: Can we please move this dross to the Asinine section?
Calm down Doc ...still lots of room for your schlepping for Harry’s ;-)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:39 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 3:13 pm Mods: Can we please move this dross to the Asinine section?
Calm down Doc ...still lots of room for your schlepping for Harry’s ;-)
Is there any chance that this can move to the Asinine section? :stir:
Last edited by Freightdog on Sun May 29, 2022 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

what dif does it make an who cares what section its in?
all i think is the asinine section has a "do not follow" meta tag and is not indexed.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:54 am what dif does it make an who cares what section its in?
all i think is the asinine section has a "do not follow" meta tag and is not indexed.
It clearly makes a difference to CaptainCannuck
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

SoberAsABird wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 2:52 pm How come I'm only hearing about this by accidentally walking by a KFC? The Double Down is the best fast food sandwich there is and now they've improved upon it by added a puck of fried mozzarella cheese in the middle? If I had known this existed I'd have been here sooner!! You owe it to yourself to try one, there was outrage in the States (by at least me) when this was taken off the menu and I had to bribe my local supplier to make me a few after they were removed.
Riviting!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic