Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Big Daikon »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:10 am you sir, and I apologize for this insult are a shill and a coward. you cannot say what is clearly wrong is wrong for fear it might make you sound like you are a "commie" ? Youve been gaslighted to hell if you cant express a view out of line from the vile cover ups spoken by the morons of your political party of choice. I of course expect another non-answer/deflective statement from you
1. I am under no obligation to respond to anyone's post.
2. I will not insult you or your position, I will simply end this conversation. We are done here.
Kohker
BANNED
Austria

Post by Kohker »

“Im atheist”

Not sure what relevance that is.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:27 am
violet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:23 am
Big Daikon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:35 am Violet there are many graphics one could choose to show such a thing, I firmly believe, and could be wrong, that the aim of this (with photos over numbers) was to provoke that people of color lead the way , which after the Buffallo shooting upset some of the further right, Tucker Carlson fanboys of this site, why else would some be upset there was no concentration on this current shooters race? We Interpret actions differently I guess, but for me it was clear, unless Kohker wishes to dispute my observation.
NYT provided some numbers awhile ago. 75% of mass shooters and victims are black.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/23/us/a ... lence.html

(Interestingly, Mother Jones uses a different definition of mass shooting-excludes gamg disputes- thus concluding that most mass shooters are white.)
An important distinction
In the statistical sense. We are still talking about murder here.
Still murder but I’d agree with violet. Different motives, different targeting process. And different mindset
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

cautious colin wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:34 am Still murder but I’d agree with violet. Different motives, different targeting process. And different mindset
I would agree with you here. Gang disputes and drug cartel shootings have more understandable motives. Money, power, etc. The single, mentally ill shooter is much weirder.

While we are playing amateur therapist, I wonder about the choice of long guns versus pistols. It seems to me that a shooter who chooses a rifle may be more willing to caught or killed in the process. The lack of concealability (versus pistols) makes me wonder if these guys are suiciding by cop or seeking some cheap fame.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

guns, guns, guns>
recall a bumper sticker over 30 years ago.
"outlaw guns an only outlaws will own guns"

Federal gun checks before purchase, gun training
all dont hit the problem.
So many times when kids do the killing, ( non gang related, murders committed during a robbery) they did no purchase the gun, their parents did.

Video games desensitizes the killings
Breakup of the family, moms not home when Johnny gets back from school. Dads out working all the time an cant spend time with Johnny

We ( as in Americans) need more trained social workers/psychologist in schools to watch the kids and be able to help , BEFORE someone goes around the bend.

Cliché' but

"Guns aren't the problem
People are"
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:47 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:10 am you sir, and I apologize for this insult are a shill and a coward. you cannot say what is clearly wrong is wrong for fear it might make you sound like you are a "commie" ? Youve been gaslighted to hell if you cant express a view out of line from the vile cover ups spoken by the morons of your political party of choice. I of course expect another non-answer/deflective statement from you
1. I am under no obligation to respond to anyone's post.
2. I will not insult you or your position, I will simply end this conversation. We are done here.
a spineless shill. the folks who know me here will know I don't bother with online arguments, but for you, I will make an exception. You think you stand for something but you're not sure what. vote for the racist party while living in Asia. the dichotomy of these things are beyond your mind. good day to you sir and I wish you well. :beer3:
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Kohker wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:48 am “Im atheist”

Not sure what relevance that is.
your inability to quote shows the intelligence, or lack or you have OP means this

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 5:37 am

and by this comment sir I realize I was correct in this instance always fascists go for the Jews, Im athiest

my point being I am not a jew nor do I have any problems or conspiracies about them it ain't for me but they're good.

and mods, I apologise if this is out of turn, sharing a private message but this critter sent me this, instead of rationally responding to my question! are my fellow posters going to say this is acceptable? imagine if I was Jewish. disgusting and Im gonna take a break from this poison

nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Number of mass shootings in the United States between 1982 and May 2022, by shooter's race or ethnicity

Between 1982 and May 2022, 68 out of the 128 mass shootings in the United States were carried out by white shooters. By comparison, the perpetrator was African American in 21 mass shootings, and Latino in 10. When calculated as percentages, this amounts to 53 percent, 16 percent, and 7.8 percent respectively.
Race of mass shooters reflects the U.S. population
Broadly speaking, the racial distribution of mass shootings mirrors the racial distribution of the U.S. population as a whole. While a superficial comparison of the statistics seems to suggest African American shooters are over-represented and Latino shooters underrepresented, the fact that the shooter’s race is unclear in around 10 percent of cases, along with the different time frames over which these statistics are calculated, means no such conclusions should be drawn. Conversely, looking at the mass shootings in the United States by gender clearly demonstrates that the majority of mass shootings are carried out by men.
https://www.statista.com/statistics/476 ... er-s-race/
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Kohker has left the building. It's fine to have differences of opinions, but imho he's clearly just trolling and trying to get into fights based on more than one of his posts.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:11 am Kohker has left the building. It's fine to have differences of opinions, but imho he's clearly just trolling and trying to get into fights based on more than one of his posts.
thank you GM what i said to you will remain private but I appreciate your swift action sir :beer3:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic