Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by cambo swa »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:22 pm Just an observation .... When the last shooting happened the ranting was overwhelmingly about the shooters white maleness, certain posters making multiple post to advance their diatribe against white males being the bane of society ..... Here we have the same amount of posts but ne'er one mention of the shooter being an Hispanic transgender ..... I guess race and gender only matter when it's a white male being bad ??

ImageImage
Dear Mr. Canuck, hispanic is not a race. It is an ethnicity - a shared culture. There are black (race) hispanics and white (race) hispanics and many varied combinations. Is being a Spaniard or Portuguese or Mexican a racial definition? Are Quebecois a different race from Ontarians?
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:35 am Violet there are many graphics one could choose to show such a thing, I firmly believe, and could be wrong, that the aim of this (with photos over numbers) was to provoke that people of color lead the way , which after the Buffallo shooting upset some of the further right, Tucker Carlson fanboys of this site, why else would some be upset there was no concentration on this current shooters race? We Interpret actions differently I guess, but for me it was clear, unless Kohker wishes to dispute my observation.
NYT provided some numbers awhile ago. 75% of mass shooters and victims are black.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/23/us/a ... lence.html

(Interestingly, Mother Jones uses a different definition of mass shooting-excludes gamg disputes- thus concluding that most mass shooters are white.)
Sir, i trust you read my post. Black, White, Orange, gay, trans, heterosexual, who gives a Kentucky fried fuck. gun control without violating the real meaning of the 2nd amendment, is desperately needed, I feel our politics are on different ends of the spectrum but surely you agree with this?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:35 am Violet there are many graphics one could choose to show such a thing, I firmly believe, and could be wrong, that the aim of this (with photos over numbers) was to provoke that people of color lead the way , which after the Buffallo shooting upset some of the further right, Tucker Carlson fanboys of this site, why else would some be upset there was no concentration on this current shooters race? We Interpret actions differently I guess, but for me it was clear, unless Kohker wishes to dispute my observation.
NYT provided some numbers awhile ago. 75% of mass shooters and victims are black.

(Interestingly, Mother Jones uses a different definition of mass shooting-excludes gamg disputes- thus concluding that most mass shooters are white.)
An important distinction
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

violet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:23 am

An important distinction
In the statistical sense. We are still talking about murder here.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

cambo swa wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:13 am
CaptainCanuck wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:22 pm Just an observation .... When the last shooting happened the ranting was overwhelmingly about the shooters white maleness, certain posters making multiple post to advance their diatribe against white males being the bane of society ..... Here we have the same amount of posts but ne'er one mention of the shooter being an Hispanic transgender ..... I guess race and gender only matter when it's a white male being bad ??

ImageImage
Dear Mr. Canuck, hispanic is not a race. It is an ethnicity - a shared culture. There are black (race) hispanics and white (race) hispanics and many varied combinations. Is being a Spaniard or Portuguese or Mexican a racial definition? Are Quebecois a different race from Ontarians?
it sure is if you're modus operandi is to see the world in divisive terms. It both fascinates and surprises me how many folks travel as extensively as most of the board have and still have this closed mind about people of different color or language.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

I just spent the last 30 minutes skimming the news headlines and obviously, this shooting is still all over the news.

Alex Jones going on about how 'convenient' the timing of the shooting is, the insinuation presumably being it's staged or something.
Various idiots trying to blame covid lockdowns for the shooting.
Others blaming immigrants, trans people, leftists, liberals, etc, etc ...
Still more idiots saying more guns are needed in schools then surely this won't happen again.
Lots of thoughts, prayers, and criticism that people are making this a political issue.
And a member of congress - from what I understand the political body stonewalling any measures to stop this sort of thing - who owns a gun store and makes millions of dollars selling assault rifles, body armor, ammo etc.

What an insane shitshow.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Big Daikon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 am 75% of mass shooters and victims are black.
And 100 % of them have war guns with too many ammo and no credible purpose except for mass shooting, as in a war.
Except they prey on civilians.
Last edited by Ghostwriter on Thu May 26, 2022 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

jaynewcastle wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:12 am Until Americans value children's lives as being more important than being able to own a gun to play with & shoot animals with etc, these senseless mass slaughters will continue in American schools & thousands more children will be killed
100% correct sir. a handgun a rifle especially if you hunt are absolutely fine. I recall it was one of the Columbine fathers who's son was murdered who held up an example of an Uzi "who uses this to hunt" same with AR's aside from hunting children and innocent folk there is no need. I saw this screenshot which whilst not perhaps adding anything scholarly to the arguments is still true.

Last edited by angkorjohn2 on Thu May 26, 2022 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 3:39 am
Big Daikon wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:49 am 75% of mass shooters and victims are black.
And 100 % of them have war guns with too many ammo and no credible purpose except for mass shooting, as in a war.
Except they prey on civilians.
I believe pistols are the most commonly used weapon in murders. Mass shootings may have different numbers (pistol/long gun ratio).
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Meanwhile, elsewhere...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic