Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

The right to bear arms with semi automatic pistols and rifles wearing body armour at 18 years old against a school full of of 7 to 10 year olds kids. What is wrong with America that they just don't get it. I switched on Fox News for 5 minutes to listen to Hanratty complain about people " politiscing" the event. In that 5 minutes they tried to focus on the closeness to the border and the number of ilegall immigrants.

How can these people sleep at night dividing their country for their own financial gain. They don't give a fuck about the families, if there was anyone I would go on a spree shooting, it would be Fox's headquarters.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

What I don’t understand how these politicians can give their thoughts and prayers to this “unimaginable” tragedy when this is a reoccurring incident. How can they claim it is “unimaginable”? This wasn’t the first nor will it be the last tragedy like this to occur.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

I'm not sure if any Folks saw this but this is powerful and 100% true. sat on by 50 Republicans (and it is a Republican problem) and that critter Mitch McConnel. This should not be a political game of brinkmanship action needs to be taken, Mr Kerr has personal experience as his father was killed by a gun. Well done him for speaking out. I will reiterate nobody is coming for our guns. Remember Obama was? did he? no. just a pathetic trope to scare fanatics. Of course nothing will be done beyond soundbites like "thoughts and prayers" but maybe we can hope....

Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

^ Absolutely

It's the normal crap and crocodile tears to make them feel better for a couple of days for what any normal country in the world finds abhorrent, and yet they will never address the issue.

Imagine going to primary school and needing an armed retired military vet or police officer to be hanging around to protect you. AGAINST WHAT - your fellow citizens that are allowed guns to kill you.

It's beyond comprehension for any civilised society.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Kohker wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:03 pm ImageImageImage
And Sir, politely, what is this trying to prove? it proves nothing apart form that the sickness is endemic, mass murderers come from all backgrounds which shows a tighter way of allowing access to them is needed. If it was just White supremacists then sure we need a law just for them but it isn't. Any sane American doesnt give a kentucky fried fuck about this picture it just underscores the point which is not the point I guess you were trying to make sir.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 1:50 am ^ Absolutely

It's the normal crap and crocodile tears to make them feel better for a couple of days for what any normal country in the world finds abhorrent, and yet they will never address the issue.

Imagine going to primary school and needing an armed retired military vet or police officer to be hanging around to protect you. AGAINST WHAT - your fellow citizens that are allowed guns to kill you.

It's beyond comprehension for any civilised society.
well said sir, and I recall number 45 calling a variety of places "shithole countries" and I sometimes feel we are becoming one. The baby milk formula issue that was due to 45s NAFTA fuck up and was picked up in 2018 as this would be a casualty of it comes to hit Biden (it's the Dems fault screech the GOP [guns over people] ) and then the usual suspects vote against emergency measures to help. To the extent, the UN have to deliver emergency supplies not to some "shithole African country" but to the richest country that ever existed. Politics used to be civil, bringing everyone to the table to find a common solution, this no longer happens. Our healthcare is fucked (been proven that adopting an Austalian or UK model would save billions but that wont help the politicians get their kickbacks). I'll be glad to get back to Cambodia next month. I love my country just not what we have become.

I apologize if I have offended any real Republicans (the ones 45 called RINOs) but I feel we still have a shared common ground set off balance by fringe hypocritical lunatics who get airtime (Boebert, Gaetz, Taylor-Greene et al) who in any other country would just be consigned to the dustbin without giving a platform to them.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:14 am
Kohker wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:03 pm
And Sir, politely, what is this trying to prove? it proves nothing apart form that the sickness is endemic, mass murderers come from all backgrounds which shows a tighter way of allowing access to them is needed. If it was just White supremacists then sure we need a law just for them but it isn't. Any sane American doesnt give a kentucky fried fuck about this picture it just underscores the point which is not the point I guess you were trying to make sir.
I thought it was about the increase in numbers in the three pics year on year
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

violet wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:29 am
angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:14 am
Kohker wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:03 pm
I thought it was about the increase in numbers in the three pics year on year
Violet there are many graphics one could choose to show such a thing, I firmly believe, and could be wrong, that the aim of this (with photos over numbers) was to provoke that people of color lead the way , which after the Buffallo shooting upset some of the further right, Tucker Carlson fanboys of this site, why else would some be upset there was no concentration on this current shooters race? We Interpret actions differently I guess, but for me it was clear, unless Kohker wishes to dispute my observation.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:35 am Violet there are many graphics one could choose to show such a thing, I firmly believe, and could be wrong, that the aim of this (with photos over numbers) was to provoke that people of color lead the way , which after the Buffallo shooting upset some of the further right, Tucker Carlson fanboys of this site, why else would some be upset there was no concentration on this current shooters race? We Interpret actions differently I guess, but for me it was clear, unless Kohker wishes to dispute my observation.
NYT provided some numbers awhile ago. 75% of mass shooters and victims are black.
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/23/us/a ... lence.html

(Interestingly, Mother Jones uses a different definition of mass shooting-excludes gamg disputes- thus concluding that most mass shooters are white.)
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Until Americans value children's lives as being more important than being able to own a gun to play with & shoot animals with etc, these senseless mass slaughters will continue in American schools & thousands more children will be killed
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic