Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Dario »

What?
My last post deleted again!
Are you for realz? gonna ban me next?

For saying nothing incendiary ever!
(xcept to you obviously, dunno what your beef is, maybe you should check the expiration date)

I don't know who you are & i don't care
but with your arbitrary censorship... is that your way of telling me to just fuck off?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Why don't you check your PM before you start grand-standing?

For everyone else who wants to know why his and Daikon's posts were deleted, it is because this thread is about 19 kids and 2 adults that were gunned down in Texas. Give a thought to them.

It's not about protesting mask wearing during covid in Australia
And, Dario, it's not about you.

If you have something to add to the thread, please do. But, kindly, stay on topic.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

We just need more good guys (and gals) with guns to out number the bad guys with guns. This woman in the US with a pistol just stopped a mass shooter with an assault rifle:

https://www.abc27.com/news/good-gal-wit ... party/amp/

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

With this attitude the US will never get anywhere with this problem. As long as there are idiots umm I mean people who ascribe to the idea that the answer to gun killings is more guns, well, there's no hope.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:34 am We just need more good guys (and gals) with guns to out number the bad guys with guns. This woman in the US with a pistol just stopped a mass shooter with an assault rifle:

There was a thing in the news there yesterday about a good guy with a gun shooting himself in the leg with it at a school, at least it wasn't another story about a toddler playing with the loaded gun that was in Mum's handbag and blowing their head off though. I kind of feel like those stories cancel out stories where the occasional good guy stops a shooter.

I'm not in the US, it's very unlikely I'll ever live there so I don't care much what they do but for the life of me I'll never understand the logic behind doing everything you can to ensure even a lunatic can buy something like an AR. It just seems like big business and corrupt politician's greed to me.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Random Dude wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:17 am
General Mackevili wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:34 am We just need more good guys (and gals) with guns to out number the bad guys with guns. This woman in the US with a pistol just stopped a mass shooter with an assault rifle:

There was a thing in the news there yesterday about a good guy with a gun shooting himself in the leg with it at a school, at least it wasn't another story about a toddler playing with the loaded gun that was in Mum's handbag and blowing their head off though. I kind of feel like those stories cancel out stories where the occasional good guy stops a shooter.

I'm not in the US, it's very unlikely I'll ever live there so I don't care much what they do but for the life of me I'll never understand the logic behind doing everything you can to ensure even a lunatic can buy something like an AR. It just seems like big business and corrupt politician's greed to me.
Very much so. Remove guns from the equation by making them harder to get, harder to kill en mass. Required training, evaluations and integrate a national registry with law enforcement. Be the well regulated militia you want to be.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

johnny lightning wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 7:12 am With this attitude the US will never get anywhere with this problem. As long as there are idiots umm I mean people who ascribe to the idea that the answer to gun killings is more guns, well, there's no hope.
An economics prof published a good study on that very subject. Others have published studies contradicting his conclusions. A decent read.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

But the ‘good guys’ with guns didn’t attempt to stop the bad guy with the gun in Texas
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

The killer waited until 18 to get the guns
So the legislation prevented him getting them sooner

What kind of society thinks the answer is
for children to have drills to prepare for this type of activity?
For teachers to have guns and potentially shoot dead people in front of children
To lock down schools so there is only one entrance in and out (as Trump and others call for)?

What type of society thinks a person can’t have sexual relations but they can own assault rifles?

What type of society holds on to an antiquated constitution and then tells other countries what’s right and wrong with the decisions they make?

What type of society outlaws abortions - even for rape victims but will do nothing to tighten up gun ownership ? At least have background checks. At least prohibit anything semi or automatic.

I hope to god (not that I believe) that globally people are waking up to the complete bullshit that has been fed to us about what a great nation the USA is. I hope people will stop believing the lies.
The problem is, imho, this type of issue is undermining USA’s international standing. This threatens international stability as more and more people do wake up to the truth about the USA. Its hypocrisy. USA is devalued.

And an entire generation’s psyche has to be being affected by these experiences of mass shootings
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Why is big daikon able to thumbs up this twice?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic