Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:26 am The usual suspects are handwringing about gun laws along voting lines

The last poster is advocating for some sort of state of authoritarianism worldwide like the clueless rum drunk neo socalist gimp he is

I'm wondering why, in a place like Texas, was the school unlocked for the shooter to walk into?

Why no armed security? Why did police wait an hour to break into kill the shooter?

Maybe you could elaborate a bit on why, in a civilized country, schools should have armed security?

And what's next? Armed security a mall entrances? In malls? At train stations? Everywhere?

Isn't the story people wear arms to shoot the baddies? And somehow they never do.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

@Dario

Signature quote tip :
I've read a lot of Bukowski too, and i believe his name ends with a "i".
Spoiler:
I liked Barfli & Notes From A Dyrti Old Man quite a lot, between others ^^
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this or not, but Big Daikon seems deflect a topic of negativity happening in the US to an issue in another country or goes off topic with some type of race issue. He’s done this more than once. It reminds me of a previous POTUS we had here at one time.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:50 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:26 am The usual suspects are handwringing about gun laws along voting lines

The last poster is advocating for some sort of state of authoritarianism worldwide like the clueless rum drunk neo socalist gimp he is

I'm wondering why, in a place like Texas, was the school unlocked for the shooter to walk into?

Why no armed security? Why did police wait an hour to break into kill the shooter?

Maybe you could elaborate a bit on why, in a civilized country, schools should have armed security?

And what's next? Armed security a mall entrances? In malls? At train stations? Everywhere?

Isn't the story people wear arms to shoot the baddies? And somehow they never do.
Because that school had an armed security detail whose job was to stand there and guard the door because America has loads of school shootings - but who was AWOL when the shooter entered . . .

Armed security in malls and large train stations is the norm in many countries and has been for years, whether one likes it or not
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Kenr wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 6:39 pm I don’t know if anyone else has noticed this or not, but Big Daikon seems deflect a topic of negativity happening in the US to an issue in another country or goes off topic with some type of race issue. He’s done this more than once. It reminds me of a previous POTUS we had here at one time.
AND, DELETED YET AGAIN.

:please:
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

This past Christmas we had a couple of politicians here in the US post online Christmas pictures with them and their children all holding AR15’s, one of them asking Santa for bullets. What kind of message does that send? Then we have a poster on here talking about having testicles and testosterone when it comes to gun ownership.

Do guns give an individual testicles and testosterone, or does having testicles and testosterone make someone want to have a gun?

On the other hand if you don’t have a gun does that mean you don’t have testicles or testosterone, or is it because you do have testicles and testosterone you don’t need a gun?

You don’t need to have a gun to be strong, in fact, in my opinion, when people brandish these weapons on social media it makes them look weak.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Kenr wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 9:11 pm This past Christmas we had a couple of politicians here in the US post online Christmas pictures with them and their children all holding AR15’s, one of them asking Santa for bullets. What kind of message does that send? Then we have a poster on here talking about having testicles and testosterone when it comes to gun ownership.

Do guns give an individual testicles and testosterone, or does having testicles and testosterone make someone want to have a gun?

On the other hand if you don’t have a gun does that mean you don’t have testicles or testosterone, or is it because you do have testicles and testosterone you don’t need a gun?

You don’t need to have a gun to be strong, in fact, in my opinion, when people brandish these weapons on social media it makes them look weak.
Small dick, big gun.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Imagine living in a country where mass shootings were becoming increasingly common? Cambodia was awash with guns and other weapons for decades. In the early 90s you could buy a grenade for $2 at Psah Tuk Tla. You could buy an AK for $80 and pistols were a lot more expensive, because they were easily concealed. So the EU came along and set up a program to reduce the availability of guns and other weapons. At this time almost everyone had guns. The program encouraged various villages to hand in their weapons, in return they might get a new water pump or road surface. It was very successful, within a few years firearms crimes almost disappeared. There are still of course shootings, many seem to come from drunken security forces. Chinese drug cartels seem to be moving a lot of handguns into the country recently too. Many appear to be modern weapons, but there are a lot of converted blank guns turning up in raids too.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I blame Call of Duty Zombie multiplayer mode for these killings. It's obvious that these games are to blame with their Satanic bubblegum machine load ups etc.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic