Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Kenr »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:24 am Not specifically related, but i like this way of throwing ideas and ask questions
Says the guy being paid by a Swedish company.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

On topic

Heartbreaking

https://www.9news.com.au/world/uvalde-s ... QXKykCnFU4

“Scared he would come back to kill her and her few surviving friends, Miah put her hands into the blood of a slain friend lying next to her and smeared herself with it, she said.”
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

It’s impossible to imagine what was going through these kids heads for that hour long hell.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Ozinasia wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:32 pm maybe so but never with the realism of todays games on playstation and such
You play shit games. Yeah, for sure Candy Crush has wank graphics and no death scenes but you could shoot zombies back in the 80s. My friend and I played Sun Tzu's Ancient Art of War on an 086 ibm pc with the red flip button, and downloaded pictures of hairy pussies in ascii dot matrix graphics to wank over after our bloodlust was sated
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

nothing separates Americans more than abortion and gun rights

Texas Paul

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cptrelentless wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:21 am
Ozinasia wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:32 pm maybe so but never with the realism of todays games on playstation and such
You play shit games. Yeah, for sure Candy Crush has wank graphics and no death scenes but you could shoot zombies back in the 80s. My friend and I played Sun Tzu's Ancient Art of War on an 086 ibm pc with the red flip button, and downloaded pictures of hairy pussies in ascii dot matrix graphics to wank over after our bloodlust was sated
This. I spent nights playing DooM; didn't want me to go out and massacre kids. A nutjob might be playing FPS and go out shooting, playing FPS doesn't turn you into a nutjob. Killing sprees happen because of ridiculously easy access to assault-type weapons, not because of access to computer games.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:27 am nothing separates Americans more than abortion and gun rights
That's because abortion and guns are powerful symbols pf personal freedom for Liberals and Conservatives, respectively. (Libertarians support both, btw.)
In the context of American society ("The Land of the Free"), neither side is going to surrender their freedom without a struggle.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

People crack me up, trying to rationalize or psycho analyze why someone does something like this. Because they have mental issues, because they have abusive parents, because of violence on television, because of violent video games. There’s only one reason why these individuals do it. Because they can.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

When I lived in the US and owned guns, I could have been a mass shooter. Obviously, I did not commit horrible crimes. Why not? Maybe because I respect human life (mine and others).
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

hanno wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:46 am
cptrelentless wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:21 am
This. I spent nights playing DooM; didn't want me to go out and massacre kids. A nutjob might be playing FPS and go out shooting, playing FPS doesn't turn you into a nutjob. Killing sprees happen because of ridiculously easy access to assault-type weapons, not because of access to computer games.
If video games were the cause there would be school killings everywhere video games are popular.

I do think the internet in general has a lot to answer for though, specifically youtube commentators, online groups and the like.

I had a friend from childhood, we kept in touch mostly through text messages etc and while he was always an oddball - pretty much a bitter incel before that was even a word - over the years he got more and more convinced the government, Muslims,Communists, Leftists and various ethnic groups were out to get him and overturn the world order. Late at night he'd send me links to people like Alex Jones and Ben Shapiro spewing hate at people and I'm pretty sure he was spending evenings listening to this bullshit and stewing over it. He went from being a mostly good-hearted weirdo to a toxic, racist Qanon idiot looking for reasons to be outraged and hateful.

He's not the only one I know who has gone down that rabbit hole either. Mostly those people just turn into dickheads, occasionally they do what the Christchurch shooter did and decide to act on their fucked up beliefs, if they have access to firearms it's obviously going to end badly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic