Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by Ghostwriter »

Kenr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:45 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:56 am
Kenr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:32 am The families will more than likely sue the school
Now i wonder where does the school money comes from, since they probably will have to pay something + upgrade their security system ?
Oh shit, is it from the student loans ?
Some money comes from the state and the rest comes from property school taxes that property owners pay the school district they live in, whether they have children going to school or not.
And now i'd like to know what the fuck is actually doing Mitt Romney (and pals) with this free money, if you have any insight...?
Thanks for the explanations.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 12:09 am
Kenr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 5:45 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:56 am
Kenr wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 4:32 am The families will more than likely sue the school
Now i wonder where does the school money comes from, since they probably will have to pay something + upgrade their security system ?
Oh shit, is it from the student loans ?
Some money comes from the state and the rest comes from property school taxes that property owners pay the school district they live in, whether they have children going to school or not.
And now i'd like to know what the fuck is actually doing Mitt Romney (and pals) with this free money, if you have any insight...?
Thanks for the explanations.
“Business” expenditures.
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

The second amendment, the cult, the quasi religion pertaining to guns, gun culture, its mythology.
Will the US americans ever learn? Hey, the aussies did, so it shouldn't be impossible,right?
But in the USA it is.
The Swedes joining NATO:

Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

I don’t get pissed off at too much in life, I usually just shake my head and think WTF, but there are a couple of things that really get under my skin.

One of those things is nonprofit organizations like the NRA, the Clinton Foundation, the Trump Foundation, the RNC & DNC, the mega churches, none pay taxes and are influences on how this country is ran. And then you have the the oil industry, the healthcare industry, and other large corporations that donate hundreds of millions dollars a year to influence politicians to keep their taxes low and serve only their interests, pass laws to benefit them and block laws that would affect their bottom line. If these individuals and corporations would pay their fair share of taxes instead of “donating” them to politicians, some pay none while others have loopholes where they pay a tax rate lower than a person making $50k a year, we wouldn’t have a fucking deficit and Congress could pass some meaningful laws that benefit the people and not worry about their cash flow.

I can’t speak for certainty, but would these politicians really block some kind of gun reform, like they are doing now, to make sure people are vetted thoroughly before being able to purchase an AR-15 if the NRA didn’t line their pockets? None of them are that committed to the 2nd Amendment, or any part of the Constitution for that matter, because nothing is more important than their bank account.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

So the money from the guns buyers is used to ensure laws so they can buy them anyhow, but then the students & taxpayer's money is used to compensate & consolidate the security affected by the damages of having anybody able to mass-shoot.

Zoom out then think about war weapons lobbies, war campaigns, war drafts, ptsd.

I wouldn't feel comfortable as a citizen to be so easily potentially dragged into a weapon situation all life along, and it would start at the most sensible age, childhood.

Chilling...

But then there's so many other issues.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Sounds like the swamp is too damned big to be drained.

I wonder what the solution might be. It's not like pollies are going to voluntarily bite the hands that maintain their existence.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Not specifically related, but i like this way of throwing ideas and ask questions
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Dario wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:21 am Hey, the aussies did, so it shouldn't be impossible,right?
Sorry, I really hope the US does not copy Australia.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Big Daikon wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:28 am
Dario wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:21 am Hey, the aussies did, so it shouldn't be impossible,right?
That’s the worst you can dredge up? Yeah, way worse than the multitude of examples of really bad decisions made by police in the USA
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

violet wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:51 am
Big Daikon wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 5:28 am
That’s the worst you can dredge up? Yeah, way worse than the multitude of examples of really bad decisions made by police in the USA
Yeah right. Let's compare mass shootings with protesting against wearing face masks during the covid pandemic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic