Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
violet
Expatriate

Re: Uvalde Texas Mass Shooting

Post by violet »

Kohker wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:03 pm Image
Unbelievable.

Only two of them have a mask.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Apollo91881 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:44 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:23 pm
IraHayes wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 4:01 pm Navel gazing aside ... As a non-US citizen it appears pretty clear cut to me.

....the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Now they have been arguing over the semantics of the wording of the 2A for decades, but, i reckon its pretty much carved in stone and getting it removed is going to be nigh on impossible I would guess.
I think I said it before in a similar themed topic, but I fear that attempting to take guns away from some of the pro 2nd amendment/anti-big government fanatics, could result in more mass shootings than are currently happening in the US.
There’s likely to be more than a few, who’d rather go out literally ‘guns a blazing’ than give up their 2nd amendment and weapons.
They forget about something … militia … blah blah
Actually, there have been high court rulings arguing that in effect we the people are a militia and the individual's right to own firearms.
https://www.britannica.com/event/Distri ... a-v-Heller
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Anyone get the feeling that everything in the US is just going completely to shit now?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

SlowJoe wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:54 pm Anyone get the feeling that everything in the US is just going completely to shit now?
As an expat in Asia, the US looks like an insane third world country.

Speaking of which, look at the position of the US on the Peace Index. It's in the same cluster as South Africa and Brazil.
https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... -countries
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:03 pm
SlowJoe wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:54 pm Anyone get the feeling that everything in the US is just going completely to shit now?

Speaking of which, look at the position of the US on the Peace Index. It's in the same cluster as South Africa and Brazil.
What's to say that it's not one of those situations where "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...?"
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

Ozinasia wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm I worry these video games have a lot to do with desensitizing kids, killing bloody zombies seems to be every popular game. I watched with horror my live ins 13 year playing a game earlier a guy walking through a shopping Mall shooting what were zombies but aside from their slightly misshapen form they were essentially men women and children. Blown to bits in horrible bloody detail
About a month or so the cops had this kid for some reason and he told them he wanted to kill a lot of people. they ignored it.
Now what do they think. The grandmother reported to police she was in fear of her life she ended up buying a gun to protect herself , probably the same gun he used dont know the whole damn thing is gut-wrenching
Video games have existed since the 1970s as a popular medium. Same with "video nasties". Why would it take 50 years for them to have an impact? Americans have been shooting each other en masse for hundreds of years. The theory that it's video games has been postulated and discredited for decades. Millions of people, especially children, play games every day, and have done for half a century.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

maybe so but never with the realism of todays games on playstation and such
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

SlowJoe wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:07 pm
Big Daikon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:03 pm

What's to say that it's not one of those situations where "if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...?"
Amen.
I moved to Japan for personal/apolitical reasons. Still, glad I left.
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 6:33 pm
Amen.
I moved to Japan for personal/apolitical reasons. Still, glad I left.
A sou. Anata no namae Ooki Daikon desu. Shinijitsu no koto desu ka? Watashi onaji desu. :beer3:

I'm Canadian (which has a ton of problems on its own) but my friends to the south I want no part of either and I'm glad I left too.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Doc67 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:44 pm
Kenr wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:11 pm Yep. It’s kind of disturbing that a group of individuals so hell bent on protecting a fetus yet can only offer thoughts and prayers to slain children and teachers, over and over again.

I guess Governor Abbott and Senator Cruz will have a lot to talk about at the NRA Conference in a few days here in Texas.
Is it true that the NRA turn up after these mass shootings and have a rally?

(I saw it after Columbine on the Michael Moore film)
The NRA is a disgusting bunch, but no, there is no truth to that. I’ve actually never heard that accusation before

But an interesting fact. Because the previous POTUS will be attending this conference, no guns will be allowed at the event.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic