Royal D drink

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Royal D drink

Post by armchairlawyer »

I took a close look at the ingredients label of this drink made in Thailand.

It contains generous quantities of sugar and salt.
Citrate, which is prescrition only in the USA.
Very small amounts of Viramins B1, B2, B6, C. Miniscule amounts of potassium, calcium.

I hope it tastes good because it doesn't have much else going for it.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Royal D drink

Post by Chad Sexington »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:06 am I took a close look at the ingredients label of this drink made in Thailand.

It contains generous quantities of sugar and salt.
Citrate, which is prescrition only in the USA.
Very small amounts of Viramins B1, B2, B6, C. Miniscule amounts of potassium, calcium.

I hope it tastes good because it doesn't have much else going for it.
I think it’s just an orange flavored electrolyte drink, it tastes fine ( in my opinion) as long as you don’t use too much water per sachet.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

The orange one is vitamin C. The other flavors are electrolyte. Of course it's going to have sugar and salts in it. It's good for rehydration.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

John Bingham wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am The orange one is vitamin C. The other flavors are electrolyte. Of course it's going to have sugar and salts in it. It's good for rehydration.
Yes, useful if you've had a severe bout of diarrhoea . Or you could just chuck some salt and sugar into a glass of water I suppose.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:55 am
John Bingham wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:40 am The orange one is vitamin C. The other flavors are electrolyte. Of course it's going to have sugar and salts in it. It's good for rehydration.
Yes, useful if you've had a severe bout of diarrhoea . Or you could just chuck some salt and sugar into a glass of water I suppose.
You could, if you want the shits and a foul taste in your mouth 😉
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

I mix it with soda water. yummy :Yahoo!:
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:59 am
Why would that give you the shits?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:00 am
Chad Sexington wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:59 am
Why would that give you the shits?
I am in no way, shape or form a doctor, but I suspect you’d already have the shits if you had diarrhea.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

They come in two forms, all flavours - one is a vitamin C drink (solid coloured box/packets), the other is the electrolyte drink (white+ colour stripe box/packets).

I would take a fresh coconut over both, but the electrolyte Royal D is solid enough from my experience - tend to go through one + litre of water whilst in the gym; once I've finished it, workout done.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Dehydration has many causes. Drink sugar and salt if you like, I hope you enjoy it.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic