Metal Rod Falls from Truck, Hits Woman Motorcyclist

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Metal Rod Falls from Truck, Hits Woman Motorcyclist

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 12:30 pm, on May 23, 2022, in Khan Mean Chey, a female motorcyclist was struck by a 15m metal rod that fell from a truck (PNH 3C-2293) driving along Street 371.
Fortunately, the victim suffered only minor injuries from the incident, although she could have been killed if the rod had hit her instead of her motorbike.
ImageImageImage However, the truck driver accepted responsibility for the accident and to pay for the damage to the motorbike. The truck driver ended up agreeing to pay the woman US$100 as compensation.
ImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Apparition
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Metal Rod Falls from Truck, Hits Woman Motorcyclist

Post by Apparition »

This is legitimately one of my biggest fears when riding. Glad she's ok.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Apparition wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:01 pm This is legitimately one of my biggest fears when riding. Glad she's ok.
Me too. Could be lethal.
But, apart from the badly loaded trucks, there're also those large panes of glass that are carried sideways on the back of a motorbike, (always freaks me out), and the horizontal ladders can be a challenge ... :mrgreen:
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Happy she's okay, i atill drive like its Mario kart and everyone is out to get me.

Would be cool if someone could make a Mario kart version with Cambodian traffic..

Moto with chickens hanging on the sides
Moto with pigs on the back
Moto with 5+ people
Moto with big glass panels
Moto with a long ladder
Moto with Frezy boys
Asshole car drivers
Overloaded trucks without working breaks
Drunk drivers
Chinese drivers with a road divider fetish

Nightmode where 80% of traffic drives without lights.

And of course gruesome replays when there are accidents (maybe the young generation will learn from it)

Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

but he has the compulsary sign on the back of the load,
maybe the lady on the bike didnt read it because it was at least a little dirty,
but of course, that sign they put on for the photo to show how responsable the driver in fact was. Knever saw it in KOW before, hahaha !!
And ofcourse she didnt keep distance behind the truck, if so, she had the time to react and avoid the object. Probably she was on the phone with the daughter in law !! ??
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

This reminds me of this terrible incident with a friend's sister-in-law a good few years back. She had gone to university and had done quite well, not rich yet but aspirational. Warning - Don't read on if you are sensitive.
So she was on her way home along one of the national routes out of town from work one evening, on her motorbike. This particular road has a few bends along its length. A truck broke down. Carrying rebar. Loose rebar, not so much like in the picture above. It was dark and the truck had no lights on. So she rounded the bend and went straight into the back of this bunch of spears. She died instantly but they had terrible trouble trying to get her corpse off the many bars that pierced her body. It was a tragedy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic