Entering Vietnam on e-visa, May 2022

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Entering Vietnam on e-visa, May 2022

Post by crob »

Ishhh, just got this email.

Dear X

Thank you very much for your support.

Kindly be informed Grand Silverland Hotel will be closed permanently from 25th May 2022.

Blah blah, there sending to there other hotel under the silver land brand.

Stayed there for my first 3 nights n it seemed pretty busy. Nice hotel for the price, lots of staff on as well, i wonder how many of these hotels will be back.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Arrive at my place in da Nang n get told the pool is closed for maintenance when I chose this place for the pool... So pretty pissed ... hopefully near by hotels near will let me use there pool if I buy some drinks at the bar.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

Left Da Nang and In Hanoi now, honestly don't get what the fuss is over da nang, it didn't feel like anything special, I enjoyed it, but won't be rushing back... That said I had a weirdly fun time at Sun World, granted it's been a good 13+ years since being in Europe, so it was kinder fun for me.

Seen the most westerners in Hanoi(that said haven't left the old quarter)... Lots of backpackers, wish I did the backpacking thing in Asia instead of Europe when I was young, they always look like there having fun without sweating about money... Now sinking down some ciders on train street waiting for the train as I'm that sort of trash... Also imodium is rad, yeah, never trusting a breakfast buffet again.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic