Bridges

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
roadman
Expatriate

Re: Bridges

Post by roadman »

[/quote]

I was allowed to cross with a Honda Dream.
[/quote]

The honda dream, it goes anywhere.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Kammekor wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:46 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:40 pm
roadman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 8:37 pm That bamboo bridge looks sweet. Can you motorbike ride it?
No! Only bicycle and by foot.
How long ago? Because now it's built half it's normal width.
I was allowed to cross with a Honda Dream.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Many years ago I wrote a CV for a project manager, who was a civil engineer, heavily involved in designing bridges.
He got very annoyed with me for "asking too many questions" about his CV.

He gave me a list of projects, which was a long long long list of bridge names, none of which I recognised (because they are all in South Africa).
I asked him to pick his 10 favourites and give me a brief description of each, to give employers an idea of the size and scope of his projects.

He was so annoyed - his response was "A bridge is a bridge!" and we never finished his CV, because he was too lazy to answer my questions.

I wish I had these two photos to send him, to ask him which sort of bridge his was.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

This one I took some years ago -

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:35 am Many years ago I wrote a CV for a project manager, who was a civil engineer, heavily involved in designing bridges.
He got very annoyed with me for "asking too many questions" about his CV.

He gave me a list of projects, which was a long long long list of bridge names, none of which I recognised (because they are all in South Africa).
I asked him to pick his 10 favourites and give me a brief description of each, to give employers an idea of the size and scope of his projects.

He was so annoyed - his response was "A bridge is a bridge!" and we never finished his CV, because he was too lazy to answer my questions.

I wish I had these two photos to send him, to ask him which sort of bridge his was.
You're always getting into trouble asking men how big their 'stuff'' is. :D
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Old Monivong Bridge - Photo taken from Chbar Ampov.

It bridges the Bassac River near the end of National Highway 2 to southern Cambodia and lies along the National Highway 1 which connects the city to eastern Cambodia and Vietnam.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic