Dirt bike rentals in PP

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Dirt bike rentals in PP

Post by AndyKK »

roadman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:16 am Nice pic Andykk! What year was that?
The photo is not of me or mine, I remember it in the news at the time I was traveling from the other direction, and was abruptly stopped in my track's, like I said from a shred my rear tyre, I had no choice but leave my bike, I left it at a remote shop, they had it delivered to Koh Kong market for me, at a low cost of $5
You don't want to be leaving a rented bike out there.
It was about 5-6 years ago.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

I think those roads have been upgraded these days. I've been told you can ride Kampot to Koh Kong in a day with no problems.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Kampot to Koh Kong are all paved roads. Should take around six hours.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

roadman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:50 am I think those roads have been upgraded these days. I've been told you can ride Kampot to Koh Kong in a day with no problems.
It was the number of heavy trucks at the time that ruined the road surface.
Koh Kong to Pursat and then on to Battambang would be a good trip, but then again in the remote areas of the Cardamom, the weather is an important factor.
The long red roads from outside Siem Reap to Sopheakmit Waterfall is a good trip.
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

It was the number of heavy trucks at the time that ruined the road surface.
Koh Kong to Pursat and then on to Battambang would be a good trip, but then again in the remote areas of the Cardamom, the weather is an important factor.
The long red roads from outside Siem Reap to Sopheakmit Waterfall is a good trip.
[/quote]

Thanks for the tips. I am still unsure about crossing the Cardamoms as I have no idea of those roads yet. Looks like great riding terrain though. I'll also see what the rain is like mid-July.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

AndyKK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:07 am
Looks like the kind of thrill that a real dirt bike lover is looking for,
work is for people who cant find truffles
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I would rent from Chea in Siam Reap or from Dancing Roads in PP - both have very good bikes and support
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

Thanks Jerry. I'll also have a look at dancing roads.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

truffledog wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:22 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 10:07 am
Looks like the kind of thrill that a real dirt bike lover is looking for,
Yes, but that's the main highway.

Following roads in good condition -
The roads I have been lately are - highway 6 (Phnom Penh to Skun) highway 7 to Kampong Cham and beyond.
Highway 11 through the Ou Reang Ov District to Prey Veng, then highway 1 to Chber Ampov (Phnom Penh).

Roads lately I have used in bad condition -
I like to travel from Kampong Cham via Koh Pen, getting the ferry to Chi He Market then following the river via the left side, until you get to road 314 (both roads have no tarmac left) until again reaching highway 8 at the Prey Sla junction, turning right on highway 8 (like a minefield of potholes).
Highway 8 to the junction of Kompong Popil Market, turning left and following the river (left or right banks) has tarmac for a little way, then dirt. Then ferry at Lvea Aem to Chber Ampov (Phnom Penh).
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

Valuable information there Andy. Cheers!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic