Are K9 Cambodia (Leo Clifton) and Pedigree Puppy Provider @ War Right Now?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Are K9 Cambodia (Leo Clifton) and Pedigree Puppy Provider @ War Right Now?

Post by General Mackevili »

According to Leo Clifton, presumably the owner of K9 Cambodia, 2 employees ran off with everything and have started a competing company, Pedigree Puppy Provider.

From Leo Clifton on Facebook:

It's come to my attention that a certain newly formed Pedigree Puppy Provider has been advertising on Expats sites and I wanted to alert those of you interested in purchasing puppies from them.

Unfortunately, two former employees of K9 Cambodia named Anne Adams (aka: Mary Anne Bacal Adams) and Ross O'siochan decided to disappear without a trace a few weeks ago taking our company equipment (mobile phone and the company back up harddrive) and intellectual property along with them.

Ross decided to bolt to Bangkok and Anne was to stay in Cambodia so that they could start their own pedigree puppy company using K9's supplier and customer lists in order to give them a head start in business. As any businessman will inform them, there are no shortcuts in business a lesson they will soon learn.

Had I known that these corporate petty criminals, Anne and Ross, were doing a runner I would have been prepared. As it was Ross left his company house, provided by K9, in a vandalised state of disrepair and Anne attempted to sabotage our online presence by changing passwords, usernames and email recovery addresses that she had access to as a formerly trusted staff member. Why she was so vindictive I have no idea.

Horrifically, Ross dumped his formerly adopted puppy with an abusive adoptive parent without vetting the adoptee first, such was his hurry to begin his treachery and thievery. We are currently trying to have the puppy returned to K9 Cambodia after having discovered this. Anne assisted by writing endearing messages on Facebook to try and convey the look of a concerned dog lover.

The callous actions of Ross and Anne have ended up with an abused and neglected dog and it worries me immensely that the new pedigree puppy company that the two petty criminals have begun was founded on such atrocious and unacceptable treatment of a dog in their care, especially after having read what Anne wrote concerning the dog. Shallow, callus and uncaring doesn't do their actions justice.

I've reported their actions regarding their thievery to the police and have arranged to have them found and bought to justice. If anyone knows of their whereabouts, please get in contact with us and let us know where to find them.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Are K9 Cambodia and Pedigree Puppy Provider @ War Right

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Good to know. Was this one the Scammers page?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

I think it was on "Expats living in Cambodia."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
almafudd
Tourist
Thailand

Post by almafudd »

Seems Leo can't run a business? First he has that pedo from the US working for him and know he manages to let 2 staff run off with his most valuable asset? The fact the poor adopted dog is being abused falls directly on his shoulders. K9 has failed to re-home this dog as promised and as Leo said all their procedures failed?.

I am a thinking K9 isn't the best place to buy your dog from!
Hotdigr
Expatriate

Post by Hotdigr »

A pity the Flame Parilla Steakhouse reviews on T.A have been closed.Reading his replies to any criticism was like reading a Fawlty Towers script! It gave you an insight into Leo's business management "skills". Let just say he and BIG JOHN Newman came out of the same mould.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Hotdigr wrote: Let just say he and BIG JOHN ****** came out of the same mould.
That guy has had nothing but a string of failed business ventures in the short time since he moved to Kampot. Numerous FB pages for his businesses, on which he has also recently posted...
Broken promises and failing to raise enough to fund other projects, Aquaponics Cambodia , Kampot River Rafting , Bokor-Kampot Downhill Bike Ride it looks like I'll have to try and sell what I have to raise the funds for my son,***, and I to get back to Australia. That said, Failling an offer of over $2500, I'm withdrawing, from sale, the Food stall in the Kampot Night Market , including equipment, 2 x 17L thermostat controlled Gas Fryer, gas stove/oven, gas BBQ, refidgerator/freezer, sink, shutter doors that make it lockable, tables, chairs and more.. On a bad night we sell $5 the best night so far has been over $120, with just over $400 in 4 days. Rent is only $70 per month.......
and yet he is still always trying to promote and attract investors to new business ventures, like this https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/best ... annabutter...I would advise people to avoid him like the plague unless you like throwing money away.
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

The whole thing screams fallout with employees... who then go into business for themselves. How would you ascertain that an adopted dog had been given away and was now being abused? He called the police over a missing mobile and hard drive (and didn't get laughed out of the police station)?

I admire the failed entrepreneur, my first business venture was a total disaster and I lost $250,000 in the experience. We didn't owe anyone a penny when it died but it surely died. I learned a lot about how not to run a business from that. I have nothing but admiration for my former partner in that venture either, a kinder, more decent human being I have yet to meet. My second business is a modest success (and non-geographically located unlike the first). My third attempt was an epic fail... and the last time I will ever rely on a signed contract with an Asian business to determine the way I work.

I am expecting to launch 2-3 more businesses in the next year (and maybe more now that I have found a decent business partner), all of them small, low-cost, start ups. I expect that some of these will fail. Trying and failing is not a bad thing... it will help me get better at what I do in the future. The assets required to maintain all the businesses are going to be the same (we will register in Cambodia and hire an office - well some form of working space) so there will be no grand sell off at the end if things go wrong, projects will just be gently strangled and left in the garbage bin of human history...

But in the same breath, I have no admiration for the bitterness displayed by failed businessmen (shit happens get over it), public shit slinging with staff members (one of my former staff was a thief and has done nothing but bad mouth me on and offline - I'm not joining in that fight, and I'm not naming them here), or trying to flog off failed businesses for a profit or unreasonable price for the assets...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Now Leo has a post on the Scammers Facebook page:

Unfortunately, two former employees of K9 Cambodia named Anne Adams (aka: Mary Anne Bacal Adams) and Ross O'siochan decided to disappear without a trace a few weeks ago taking our company equipment (mobile phone and the company back up harddrive) and intellectual property along with them.

Ross decided to bolt to Bangkok and Anne was to stay in Cambodia so that they could start their own pedigree puppy company using K9's supplier and customer lists in order to give them a head start in business. As any businessman will inform them, there are no shortcuts in business a lesson they will soon learn.

Had I known that these corporate petty criminals, Anne and Ross, were doing a runner I would have been prepared. As it was Ross left his company house, provided by K9, in a vandalized state of disrepair and Anne attempted to sabotage our online presence by changing passwords, usernames and email recovery addresses that she had access to as a formerly trusted staff member. Why she was so vindictive I have no idea.

Horrifically, Ross dumped his formerly adopted puppy with an abusive adoptive parent without vetting the adopter first, such was his hurry to begin his treachery and thievery. We are currently trying to have the puppy returned to K9 Cambodia after having discovered this. Anne assisted by writing endearing messages on Facebook to try and convey the look of a concerned dog lover.

The callous actions of Ross and Anne have ended up with an abused and neglected dog and it worries me immensely that the new pedigree puppy company that the two petty criminals have begun was founded on such atrocious and unacceptable treatment of a dog in their care, especially after having read what Anne wrote concerning the dog. Shallow, callus and uncaring doesn't do their actions justice.

AVOID - http://www.perfectpedigreecambodia.com

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Big John is trying to sell cannabutter in Kampot? :facepalm:
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

It seems Ross O Siochain has a response and some screenshots to share, even saying "all of Leo's accusations are nonsense":

Hi all,

Our sincere apologies for the long post in advance, but we do not intend to be drawn into the usual lengthy discussions that these posts inevitably generate and we felt it was important to get our thoughts down in one go.

It has come to our attention that one of the group members, Leo Clifton, has been libelling us (Anne Adams and Ross O Siochain) and our new business Perfect Pedigree Cambodia (http://www.perfectpedigreecambodia.com and http://www.facebook.com/perfectpedigreecambodia) in this group. He is making false allegations about us and attempting to discredit our names and our business. We do not want to be dragged down to his level by making abusive comments about him in public; we haven't done so before and we don't want to now, but Leo Clifton is now trying to destroy our names and we must do something.

Perfect Pedigree Cambodia (perfectpedigreecambodia.com and Facebook.com/perfectpedigreecambodia) is a business that we set up so that we could finally deliver the high quality service and beautiful pedigree puppies to customers that Leo Clifton had been lying to customers about providing previously. We are now personally visiting and inspecting the premises of the breeders, and living conditions of every puppy, that we source for our clients. We are also getting a qualified Vet to verify their health and well-being.

This was never done at K9 Cambodia. Puppies were sourced remotely and imported from unknown breeders with no knowledge whatsoever of their origins and breeding conditions, leading to several sub-standard puppies with skin infections and other health conditions being delivered to customers. This is behaviour that we objected to and finally that we could no longer stand over.

We are among 9 staff who have left K9 Cambodia in the past couple of months. All for reasons that relate to Leo Clifton's increasingly unstable and paranoid behaviour. Leo Clifton lied to all of his staff when hiring them about their pay, benefits and prospects. He has not paid any of the staff who left any wages that they are owed. He refused to give anyone a work contract, which meant we had to work without work permits. This was a matter of great concern to all of the staff but we were constantly told it would be resolved in the next week or so. He did not pay any staff member their holiday entitlements for 2014. He summarily reduced all of the staff's pay in 2015, without discussion, and told us we just had to like it or lump it. He harassed and shouted at members of staff at work constantly and called them endlessly in the evenings and at weekends.

We had to leave without notice or he wouldn't have paid us either. Perhaps something has been missed here...going into business in competition with Leo Clifton is not a crime.

All of Leo Clifton's allegations are nonsense. We, of course, did not steal any company property. The mobile phone he refers to was stolen at the beach in Sihanoukville a month before we left and we have no idea what happened to the hard drive he talks about (which contained only photos and videos of dogs in training anyway...all of which were backed up on the marketing drive of the sales manager laptop, so he has them anyway). The last we saw of it was several weeks ago when another staff member who had left, in disgust at Leo, asked for some photos from it. Presumably it went the same way as the GoPro that he tried to blame staff members for taking and tried to deduct the cost of from their salary until it transpired that his ward/adoptive son had taken it home a month previously and it hadn't been seen since. There were several other occasions that baseless allegations about theft were thrown at staff members with absolutely no evidence. If we had wanted to steal company property, there were many more valuable items that could have been taken (laptops etc.) than a hard drive and a mobile phone...but of course we did not want to.

The customers and suppliers that he speaks about are friends of ours that we got to know working at K9. Not many of them even know Leo or have heard of K9. Most of those who do, don't like him. We can not simply un-know them just because we left. Friends are not a concept that Leo Clifton has a very good grasp of.

There were so many instances of Leo Clifton's paranoid insanity over our time at K9, but one in particular a few months back stands out: when a young girl with a very sick dog kept messaging the company, pleading to bring her dog in to see the Vet. As the K9 Vet was unavailable, Leo Clifton summarily dismissed her concerns, said it was "probably worms" and she need not worry, to come back in a few days when the Vet was available. Leo Clifton has absolutely no veterinary or medical training of any kind of course. He refused to refer her to the excellent Russian Vet in Sihanoukville, Dr. Roman Kuleshov, at Happy Pets, because he wants to "destroy" them, despite requests from several staff members for him to do so. The dog could not even stand. The messages continued until finally, she messaged the company to say "he's gone". There are more instances in this vein that we will omit for the sake of brevity.

Leo Clifton is a paranoid person who believes any competitor must be destroyed. A quick Google search of his name and his 20+ year habit with his preoccupying interest will explain why to any interested members. Believe it or not, he has paid thousands of dollars to hire a mercenary, Peter Slade (you can google him also), to track us down, physically threaten us and possibly more with the stated intention of scaring us into packing our bags and leaving Asia. He has threatened Ross and another former staff member, in writing, with physical violence. He has also asked his brother to enlist hackers to "take down" our websites and Facebook pages. As you are well aware, these are all crimes. We have written proof of all of this that has been supplied to several people.

This is past a joke at this stage. As a result of his increasing paranoia and unstable character, all of Leo's former staff have left him. At least eight will be willing to verify the veracity of what has been said here.

It is not everyone else who is wrong...it's Leo.

Leo Clifton is a dangerous and unstable character. Please disregard his rants and any future rants about us. We have attached a snippet from one conversation with his brother. We have a lot more, some which has been distributed to several members and admins.

If you are looking for beautiful high quality pedigree puppies, ethically sourced, please visit our Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/perfectpedigreecambodia or our website http://www.perfectpedigreecambodia.com and we'll do our best to help you! :)

Many thanks,

Ross O Siochain
Anne Adams

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic