Bongbong Marcos leads the polls in the Philippines election

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Bongbong Marcos leads the polls in the Philippines election

Post by sigmoid »

Similar to other Southeast Asian nations, "clan politics' seem to be alive and well in the Philippines, where Bongbong leads the polls by a wide margin. It looks like he'll be the next president there:

Philippines Election A Rematch Of Late Dictator's Son And Rights Lawyer
https://www.ibtimes.com/philippines-ele ... er-3496508
Incumbent president Rodrigo Duterte has not endorsed a presidential candidate, but his political party is backing Marcos, and his daughter, Sara Duterte-Carpio, is Marcos's running mate.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Bongbong Marcos leads the polls in the Philippines election

Post by Ozinasia »

I predict 4 years of coup de tats
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Time to cash up for the Marcos Clan. Those last years have drained their fortune a litte bit.
work is for people who cant find truffles
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Perhaps he will present better than the dwarf thug they have now.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

For those of you who are too young to remember Marcos.
Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos Sr. (/ˈmɑːrkɔːs/ MAR-kaws;[5] September 11, 1917 – September 28, 1989) was a Filipino politician, lawyer, dictator, and kleptocrat who was the 10th president of the Philippines from 1965 to 1986. He ruled under martial law from 1972 until 1981 and kept most of his martial law powers until he was deposed in 1986, branding his rule as "constitutional authoritarianism". One of the most controversial leaders of the 20th century, Marcos' rule was infamous for its corruption,extravagance, and brutality.
-Wikipedia

I was in the Philippines both before and just after the People's Power revolution overthrew the dictator Marcos. Those were heady sweet days, where anything seemed possible, including justice for and by the people. (I still have the revolutionary T-shirt ;-) )

I was very young and naive. But still, all that, for THIS. Makes me want to puke.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bongbong_Marcos
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:32 am For those of you who are too young to remember Marcos.
Ferdinand Emmanuel Edralin Marcos Sr. (/ˈmɑːrkɔːs/ MAR-kaws;[5] September 11, 1917 – September 28, 1989) was a Filipino politician, lawyer, dictator, and kleptocrat who was the 10th president of the Philippines from 1965 to 1986. He ruled under martial law from 1972 until 1981 and kept most of his martial law powers until he was deposed in 1986, branding his rule as "constitutional authoritarianism". One of the most controversial leaders of the 20th century, Marcos' rule was infamous for its corruption,extravagance, and brutality.
-Wikipedia

I was in the Philippines both before and just after the People's Power revolution overthrew the dictator Marcos. Those were heady sweet days, where anything seemed possible, including justice for and by the people. (I still have the revolutionary T-shirt ;-) )

I was very young and naive. But still, all that, for THIS. Makes me want to puke.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bongbong_Marcos
But, he won a legitimate election, by a landslide. The People have spoken. Please listen to the voice of the People.
It's demokrazy... :salut:
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't care if his parents stole from the state budget for decades and ran the country into the ground, but how the fuck is anyone supposed to take someone called Bongbong seriously? I have known a lot of Filipinos over the years and most of them have been very nice. However nearly every one of them I have known has been crazy into the Jesus thing. They seem to see themselves as more sophisticated than mainland SE Asians but they are actually more superstitious and backwards than they even know. Cargo cult weirdos.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

A nice smile goes a long way.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic