Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Post by phuketrichard »

He Nailed it

Old clip but still so relevant

her body, her right
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Post by Big Daikon »

Always thought the opposite was more accurate. (I am saying she is mentally unattractive, for the record.)

Didn't SCOTUS already vote on this?

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/0 ... n-00029473
The Supreme Court has voted to strike down the landmark Roe v. Wade decision, according to an initial draft majority opinion written by Justice Samuel Alito circulated inside the court and obtained by POLITICO.The draft opinion is a full-throated, unflinching repudiation of the 1973 decision which guaranteed federal constitutional protections of abortion rights and a subsequent 1992 decision — Planned Parenthood v. Casey — that largely maintained the right. “Roe was egregiously wrong from the start,” Alito writes.
The news of a leak from a SCOTUS staffer is also disturbing but sort of got lost in the fracas.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

from above link

.....Roberts also stressed that the draft opinion “does not represent a decision by the Court or the final position of any member on the issues in the case.” The court spokesperson had declined comment pre-publication.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:11 am from above link

.....Roberts also stressed that the draft opinion “does not represent a decision by the Court or the final position of any member on the issues in the case.” The court spokesperson had declined comment pre-publication.
Derp! Thanks!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

The reactions on both sides have been quite heated and revealing, to say the least.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

If a woman makes it a sport to have abortions instead of educating herself about contraception, such as the one with that "funny shirt" posted above, she should definitely end up in prison. Or have to risk eventually bleeding to death at an illegal clinic.

I'm not against abortions in rare and well justified cases, but the legal framework should ensure that it's an exceptional measure for exceptional circumstances only.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

You have to love the mentality of some men here in the US when it comes to dictating what women should be allowed to do with their own bodies. Case in point, when it comes to rape, GOP Rep Robert Regan says a woman should just, “lay back and enjoy it”. He’s not the first, and probably not the last, idiot to say something so stupid.

And what about the, “my body my choice” mantra by the vaccine skeptics who are anti-abortion. Hypocrites.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Kenr wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:58 pm
And what about the, “my body my choice” mantra by the vaccine skeptics who are anti-abortion. Hypocrites.
or the other side of the aisle

The pro-vax mandate crowd who were so fond of telling people they "Didn't have a choice!" and to just listen to their Government and get the vax. Seems they're all "my body, my choice" now
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

IraHayes wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 11:28 pm
Kenr wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:58 pm
or the other side of the aisle

The pro-vax mandate crowd who were so fond of telling people they "Didn't have a choice!" and to just listen to their Government and get the vax. Seems they're all "my body, my choice" now
They still weren’t forced to get the vaccine, they still had a choice, so there’s no comparison.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

A brief history lesson is in order. Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic