Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Post by phuketrichard »

What an ass

cant help thinking, the republicans must all be on drugs or somehow fucked up

America is full of some sick , fucked up people

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:30 am What an ass

cant help thinking, the republicans must all be on drugs or somehow fucked up

America is full of some sick , fucked up people

How is he an ass?

The left currently proposes allowing abortion right up to point of birth. Seems a reasonable question to ask a med dr. If she supports that position. The follow up question was just asking, albeit in a round about way, where she stands on at what point during the delivery of a child she would allow/deny an elective abortion.

The bigger issue is people using abortions as birth control. But that has gotten lost during the current debate.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

How is he an ass?

The left currently proposes allowing abortion right up to point of birth.
Please cite a credible source for this.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

nemo wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 9:26 am
How is he an ass?

Many on the left want NO restrictions, period. NYC mayor is a mainstream politician, and many others say the same thing.

I think this will be a heated discussion for a long time to come. People can't even agree when human life begins, so I don't see this being settled anytime soon.

I'm not saying anyone who thinks abortion is ok is evil, but I also don't understand the vile backlash people who are against killing what can logically be called a living, baby human receive.

Is it convenient to have an abortion at times? Sure, for one or both of the parents maybe, but no so much for the unborn baby.

I also don't get how "my body, my choice" seems to be the biggest mantra for pro-choice enthusiasts. Do whatever you want to your own body, but some people don't think that should include a baby human just because it located in your body.

A decent example I use to see how some of us think about it is this: If I want to burn down my own house, I should be able to, right? Doesn't seem like that should be too controversial. But what if a child is "in" my house? Can I still burn it down? Does it matter how the child entered my property? Maybe it's my child, or maybe it's the neighbor's child who trespassed. Either way, it's MY house and I want to burn it down. Are you now saying I can't burn my own house down if I want to? "My house, my choice!"

I don't think any sane person would say I could burn my own house down with a child in it no matter why or how that child got in there.

Again, I'm not saying someone is necessarily evil if they believe that abortion is fine, I just hope people understand how some of us feel about it, and I don't think it should be outrageous to be against killing unborn babies.

Hell, my daughter was born 2 weeks early. A lot of people think it would be fine to kill her up to 2 weeks later if she were still in the womb. Is it really that hard to understand why some people don't see a difference in killing this newborn baby at the time of the picture vs killing her 5 minutes earlier when she was still in the womb? Surely being against killing her in BOTH of these situations doesn't make you a terrible human being that doesn't respect women's rights to choose what they do with THEIR OWN bodies.

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

What time does the egg become a human?
at conception, detection of heartbeat, OR, once the developed child leaves the womb?

BUT thats not the point really.
Why should the US government get involved in abortion? What right does the government have to a women's body or her decisions?
Should we all become Catholics an make birth control illegal?

IF Ca was anti abortion my daughter would have be thrown in jail or if she tried to carry it full term, died last year, as she had a ectopic pregnancy

Sorry, her body, her choice as i dont believe the baby is human, ( as Gonk does) till it takes its first breath on its own
Than and only than do i consider it a human life
I think this will be a heated discussion for a long time to come. People can't even agree when human life begins, so I don't see this being settled anytime soon
Truth
A decent example I use to see how some of us think about it is this: If I want to burn down my own house, I should be able to, right? Doesn't seem like that should be too controversial. But what if a child is "in" my house? Can I still burn it down? Does it matter how the child entered my property? Maybe it's my child, or maybe it's the neighbor's child who trespassed. Either way, it's MY house and I want to burn it down. Are you now saying I can't burn my own house down if I want to? "My house, my choice!"
total BS comparison.
you burn a house down, ( urs or anyone's) its a crime. Burn it down with a child in it... its murder
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:10 pm What time does the egg become a human?
at conception, detection of heartbeat, OR, once the developed child leaves the womb?

BUT thats not the point really.
Why should the US government get involved in abortion? What right does the government have to a women's body or her decisions?
Should we all become Catholics an make birth control illegal?

IF Ca was anti abortion my daughter would have be thrown in jail or if she tried to carry it full term, died last year, as she had a ectopic pregnancy

Sorry, her body, her choice as i dont believe the baby is human, ( as Gonk does) till it takes its first breath on its own
Than and only than do i consider it a human life
I think this will be a heated discussion for a long time to come. People can't even agree when human life begins, so I don't see this being settled anytime soon
Truth
total BS comparison.
you burn a house down, ( urs or anyone's) its a crime. Burn it down with a child in it... its murder
To talk about destroying a full term baby at the whim of the mother is fucking disgusting.
I notice there is zero mention of a fathers place in this, he’s legally bound to support a child (and in cases the the mother) yet it’s only the woman who gets a say whether the baby gets a chance at being born.
Imagine being an expectant father anticipating the baby’s imminent arrival, only to have the woman (I’ll not use the term mother) decide at the last moment “nah! I’ve changed my mind, I don’t want to have a baby after all, I want to kill it instead”.
At full term she would need to go through a delivery anyway, why not deliver the baby alive and hand it over to the father, if it’s an option, or else place the baby up for adoption?
For the record, I’m not anti abortion, but there is a huge difference between flushing a bunch of cells early in a pregnancy, and extinguishing the life of a full term baby. If a woman really doesn’t want to see a pregnancy through, she should get a termination ASAP.
My 2 cents.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

How is he an ass?

Happy to oblige as Google is hard.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47066307

From the above article
The Democrat who sponsored the measure said it would allow abortions at any point in pregnancy up until the point of childbirth in certain cases.
And that 1 Democrat is not an outlier.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Chad Sexington wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:26 pm For the record, I’m not anti abortion, but there is a huge difference between flushing a bunch of cells early in a pregnancy, and extinguishing the life of a full term baby. If a woman really doesn’t want to see a pregnancy through, she should get a termination ASAP.
My 2 cents.
This is about where I stand tbh. I think the UK limit is 26 weeks or something. And while, yes, there are a few cases where 25 week old babies have been born and survived the care they require is extensive and the chances of survival are extremely low I think the 26 week limit is about right.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

IraHayes wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 3:09 pm
How is he an ass?

Happy to oblige as Google is hard.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47066307

From the above article
The Democrat who sponsored the measure said it would allow abortions at any point in pregnancy up until the point of childbirth in certain cases.
And that 1 Democrat is not an outlier.
Well that is just crazy, I had no idea.
I try and steer clear of the rabid bullshit in USA.
Why I never spent much of my life there.
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

I am having difficulties understanding how at least 3 or 4 posters above have totally misconstrued the normal definition of abortion so as to include "pregnancy termination up to full term". Outside of extraordinary physical circumstances, there is no such a thing as a "near full-term abortion". Physically, the risks to a woman's health increase if abortions are performed after 3 months, 6 months, etc. . . Typically, the majority of women will have abortion-by-choice before 3 months... So, any argument about near-term abortions is unimportant and irrelevant to any discussion of free choice... In the real world, near-term abortions are only performed in cases in which either the fetus suffers severe deformity or a fatal congenital illness, and also, if carrying the pregnancy to term would prove fatal to the woman...

I once asked a girlfriend, many years ago, to have an abortion because I felt she lacked maturity to be a mother; also, I did not want to be a father because I had seen how badly becoming a father had fucked up my own dad... Anyway, I sometimes regret it, but I am grateful for the added liberty I gained for myself, and for my long ago girlfriend, too... Having a child is a big decision, and I did not want to leave my GF and a child in the lurch... (This is Cambodia, land of deadbeat fathers and geriatric hoodlums who don't stop to think what might happen to their babes should they kick-off suddenly. I think it should be illegal for expats in Cambodia to father kids after age 60 or 65.)

I believe men have no say over women in questions of abortion -- unless it is part of a mutual decision... Ultimately, no legislation or court system should be permitted to interfere with a woman and her own body... Some of you guys just don't get that because, simply enough, you are men, not women. That's all..!
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic