Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Post by Freightdog »

down_time wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:41 pm
Freightdog wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:58 pm Foetus=Person at six weeks.
Even simply classifying as a living being; Is abortion totally unjustified? No.
At 6 weeks it's still classified as an Embryo, around 9 weeks it becomes a Foetus, so it's quite hard to justify your claim about personhood at 6 weeks.

As for the image on the first page, has anyone confirmed that woman has actually had 21 abortions???
A quick google found these t-shirts available for sale all over, including on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/CreativeBrand-Iv ... B09ZP6XJSD
There's even Men's versions available for the fathers.
Let’s be clear- the image that I was commenting on was in fact posted by another contributor, and I’m guessing that the source was somewhere else in the ether. It’s not my assertion; it’s a question posed in the first few lines of the image.

As for the woman with the T-shirt. I stand firm- if she’s an advert for freedom of abortion, she’s a better argument for restriction of such.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:39 pm Let’s be clear- the image that I was commenting on was in fact posted by another contributor, and I’m guessing that the source was somewhere else in the ether. It’s not my assertion; it’s a question posed in the first few lines of the image.
My bad, I think I misunderstood the shorthand you used to summarise the quote as an endorsement of its assertion. Apologies.
As for the woman, I think she's just trolling anti-abortionists. I find it quite distasteful but typical of much of the debate from both sides.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

down_time wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:47 pm
As for the woman, I think she's just trolling anti-abortionists. I find it quite distasteful but typical of much of the debate from both sides.
No worries. Everything I write at present needs proof reading as it’s written through a fog of suppressants.

There’s few things that require such vehement polarised argument, and you’re right; much of the prominent ‘newsworthy’ stuff does seem distasteful.

Bloody humans
bittermelon
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by bittermelon »

suppressants? appetite suppressants? Just googled, sorry to be nosy but curious.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Lol, looks like a case of mansplaining* here IMO. :dm:

Mansplaining
Update: This word was added in March 2018.
Mansplaining is, at its core, a very specific thing. It's what occurs when a man talks condescendingly to someone (especially a woman) about something he has incomplete knowledge of, with the mistaken assumption that he knows more about it than the person he's talking to does.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-a ... on-history
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:05 am
To each their own I guess ... except when its not.

But who needs this separation of church and state junk.
"GOP Rep. Boebert: ‘I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk’"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -colorado/
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

"All uterus-havers"
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Apollo91881 wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:42 am
To each their own I guess ... except when its not.

But who needs this separation of church and state junk.
"GOP Rep. Boebert: ‘I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk’"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... -colorado/
Her comment that the church should direct the government is fucked up and shows why Roe vs Wade was overturned, religion. The US would be just like the Taliban.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

After the US Supreme Court overturned the landmark Roe vs Wade decision, Taliban officials in Afghanistan have warmly welcomed the move and praised the regressive thinking behind it.

Taliban spokesman, Sayid Faizilliams, told us, “We are delighted to see our brothers in the United States clamping down on the scourge that is ‘women’s rights’.

“Women making decisions about their own bodies will lead to them wanting to make more decisions about other things that affect them personally, and before you know it, women will be thinking they are equal under the law.

“We are relieved to see that our American brethren recognise this dangerous risk to our way of life, and that they are taking appropriate steps to reduce the rights of women under the law.
https://newsthump.com/2022/06/24/taliba ... ns-rights/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic