Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Post by Kenr »

At least Justice Alito is honest and wrote in his opinion what this was really all about, that overturning Roe vs Wade was a moral question about right to life.

I guess all the opinions about the law doctrine concerning Liberty in the 14th Amendment not being correct was just rhetoric by him and the other Justices, because Justice Alito claims he will not agree to overturn the other 14th Amendment issues using the same law doctrine as Roe vs Wade like the other 4 (four) want to. I guess we’ll see if he stays true to his word.

Religion trumps Liberty in this case.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

It's quite something to have this kind of sweating clown handling the reins of justice, i mean, holy fuck ! And that was three years ago.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

It had to happen!

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

some good points:

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:25 pm some good points:

They are, but really ought to be clarified and rationalised a bit.

Foetus=Person at six weeks.
Even simply classifying as a living being; Is abortion totally unjustified? No.
Should an idiot such as depicted on page 1 of this thread be allowed to have abortions with the same reckless abandon as she has unprotected sex, and to proudly declare she’s had 21 such abortions, be allowed to have another without simply making it someone else’s problem? Absolutely NO.

That particular moron does more harm to the argument and the justification for “my body…” type arguments. She in fact makes the case against abortion, as it’s then perceived as an easy cop out when they really should just go and be sterilised.

Is that when child support should begin? Probably not. Is at when child support obligations could be established. Yes.

Carrying a US citizen, and negating deportation. Substitute any nationality, as I think it a pertinent query, anywhere. It’s a tricky one. Could it be established that the pregnancy was intentional for that purpose? Err on the side of caution, and have a whole document of legal obligations on such people, including establishing paternity and the support obligations of that person. Very difficult to see how that could be a stabilised in law, given the WadeRoe overturn, and how much effort it took to have that in the first place.

The other photo with the obviously pregnant belly, emblazoned with “not yet a person” equally makes the case against abortion. Some of these cretins will go on to claim to be “Parents”.
Of course, much of this debate on CEO is by a mostly male audience. (I’m guessing by recent conversations that were mostly in the Male/Female divide.)
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:25 pm some good points:

1. Child support? The child has all it needs inside that womb. No need for payments until out and needing food clothing and housing.
2. The baby does not have a birth certificate, there is no passport. There is still time for the baby to die before birth, so there are no associated rights regarding being exempt from deportation.
3. I’m out. This is America. You lot set global precedents when it comes to insurance and suing.

Any more hysteria? I’m happy to have a go a debunking any more ‘logical’ statements.

While I’m writing, where was all this angst and hysteria before? The ‘arguments’ being laid out now (such as those above) would have been just as relevant (in the minds of those thinking they are good) before the Supreme Court ruling.

The hysteria makes me sneer

(For the record I am not anti abortion but neither am I firmly in the camp of my body my right - people can be selfish pricks, which causes me to think they aren’t worthy of some rights)
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I like this one

Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

Freightdog wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:58 pm Foetus=Person at six weeks.
Even simply classifying as a living being; Is abortion totally unjustified? No.
https://www.verywellmind.com/stages-of- ... nt-2795073
At 6 weeks it's still classified as an Embryo, around 9 weeks it becomes a Foetus, so it's quite hard to justify your claim about personhood at 6 weeks. Neuron cell production only starts around week 10, which seems to me to be a significant step towards being a person, but is not complete until around the middle of pregnancy. An Embryo is still a "living being" even at three weeks so not sure that's the right perspective to have tbh.

People obsess over the hearbeat issue but the truth is future heart cells start producting electical signals around the third week, it's just not detectable. At 6 weeks with advanced transvaginal ultrasound this "flutter" can be picked up but there is not actually an organ which could be termed a heart, this develops over the next 4-6 weeks.

As for the image on the first page, has anyone confirmed that woman has actually had 21 abortions???
A quick google found these t-shirts available for sale all over, including on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/CreativeBrand-Iv ... B09ZP6XJSD
There's even Men's versions available for the fathers.
down_time
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by down_time »

violet wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:20 pm 1. Child support? The child has all it needs inside that womb. No need for payments until out and needing food clothing and housing.
Not really a fan of the arguements made in that image but it would be remiss of me not to point out that a womb is not a self sustaining environment for a fetus. A woman needs certain nutrition during pregnancy to sustain a healthy pregnancy. If a pregnant woman is destitute and cannot obtain the neccessary nutrition and live in a safe environment that could have profound impacts on the unborn child.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

down_time wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:56 pm
violet wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:20 pm 1. Child support? The child has all it needs inside that womb. No need for payments until out and needing food clothing and housing.
Not really a fan of the arguements made in that image but it would be remiss of me not to point out that a womb is not a self sustaining environment for a fetus. A woman needs certain nutrition during pregnancy to sustain a healthy pregnancy. If a pregnant woman is destitute and cannot obtain the neccessary nutrition and live in a safe environment that could have profound impacts on the unborn child.
Also has profound effects on the woman, pregnant or not - …. But I’ll give that point to you :wink:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic