Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Re: Will Roe vs Wade be overturned?

Post by Apollo91881 »

IraHayes wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 am
General Mackevili wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 am
So with all this absolute craziness becoming more mainstream, normal people are going to be pushed pretty far right to get at least a bit of sanity back.
The right has been pretty consistent in their position tbh
The part where they try to do a coup or the ammosexual part?
I can find a dumb graph too.

Here's a data driven one that goes up to 2011 at least.

So with all this absolute craziness becoming more mainstream, normal people are going to be pushed pretty far left to get at least a bit of sanity back.
Kinda sad actually. The woke Latinx garbage is very off-putting. However, so is the love of guns, confederate flags, religious infection in government and in every possible way the idolatry of Trump.
The GOP were supposed to be the rule following G-men. Where did that party go?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:41 am The GOP were supposed to be the rule following G-men. Where did that party go?
When the Dems became the party of illegal immigrants, puberty blockers for kids and low-grade race war in 2020, a reaction is virtually inevitable.

(The above issues are not directly related to abortion per se, but it corresponds rather neatly with the two factions of American society.)

PS-That red/blue graph is quite interesting. Source, please.
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:39 am
Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:41 am The GOP were supposed to be the rule following G-men. Where did that party go?
When the Dems became the party of illegal immigrants, puberty blockers for kids and low-grade race war in 2020, a reaction is virtually inevitable.

(The above issues are not directly related to abortion per se, but it corresponds rather neatly with the two factions of American society.)

https://journals.plos.org/plosone/artic ... ne.0123507

You forgot drag queen story time.
However, was the tea-party before, after or concurrent with the items on your list?
Who is reacting to who?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:44 am

However, was the tea-party before, after or concurrent with the items on your list?
Who is reacting to who?
Thank you for the link. Will read it after work.

Yeah, the drag queen story time fits in there as well.
I always thought the Tea Party was a flash in the pan that went nowhere. It had the trappings of a populist movement, but didn't accomplish much.

"Who is reacting to who?"
In a boxing match, does it matter who threw the first punch?
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

Big Daikon wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:49 am
Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:44 am

Who is reacting to who?
Thank you for the link. Will read it after work.

Yeah, the drag queen story time fits in there as well.
I always thought the Tea Party was a flash in the pan that went nowhere. It had the trappings of a populist movement, but didn't accomplish much.

"Who is reacting to who?"
In a boxing match, does it matter who threw the first punch?
Tea party was the start. "Government = bad" movement
Perhaps we should also take a moment to understand both parties are two wings on the same bird.
What magically happened to start the division? (Mega churches? end of the fairness doctrine? Citizens united?)
When did abortion become a thing?
How much of these party lines are really being driven by 10+ figure people, paying 9-7 figure people to screw 6-5 figure people?
Especially since they are paying for politicians who make these rules and even draft the legislation.

How it starts does matter because the rest of this is just the symptom of the disease.
I totally understand the desire to burn it all down, but what a way to do it.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:57 am Tea party was the start. "Government = bad" movement
Perhaps we should also take a moment to understand both parties are two wings on the same bird.
What magically happened to start the division? (Mega churches? end of the fairness doctrine? Citizens united?)
When did abortion become a thing?
How much of these party lines are really being driven by 10+ figure people, paying 9-7 figure people to screw 6-5 figure people?
Especially since they are paying for politicians who make these rules and even draft the legislation.

How it starts does matter because the rest of this is just the symptom of the disease.
I totally understand the desire to burn it all down, but what a way to do it.
I would go farther back. The Civil Rights Act, the Hart-Cellar Act and such.

Also, these movements can be a combination of top-down and bottom-up forces, which further muddies the waters.

I'd rather not "burn it down".
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:41 am
The part where they try to do a coup or the ammosexual part?
I can find a dumb graph too.
Haha, and that's why the US is in trouble. Anyone who labels January 6 an 'insurrection/coup' instead of a riot is drinking the Kool-Aide. You can't really believe extremists from the far right showed up to take over the government and while literally a handful might have had guns on them, none of them fired a single shot or even brandished one (as far as I know, but if you have video footage showing otherwise, I'd love to see it). Sure, some were violent, and they should be charged, but if you believe it was an actual insurrection attempt and nobody used guns, then you're just brainwashed by mainstream media, lol. Hell, I think even one person has already gotten off on all the charges as there's actual video footage of security opening the door for him and others to let them in. But again, it's thanks to individuals like you that we'll have a huge, red wave in the midterms, as most normal people realize it was a bunch of idiots causing 1 of many, many, many riots the US has had to endure, not an actual attempted coup or insurrection like some of these clowns are trying to make it out to be. If you don't like conservative values, you better get back into reality before you lose damn near every normal person while you push these nonsense narratives.

You probably also see no issue at all with these people pushing mandatory vaccines, then turning around and chanting 'my body, my choice!' Haha, it's really comical, but like I said, it's good to see the pendulum start to swing again. ;-)
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Apollo91881
Expatriate
France

Post by Apollo91881 »

So the previous admin didn’t send a mob into the capital to stop the transition of power while also working to subvert it with fake electors and “finding votes?”

By definition:
a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government.

Didn’t seem like a peaceful protest. Shit on the walls and all. If you can’t see the difference between vaccine mandates and the 2nd amendment or pro-choice stances, I can’t help with the logic problem. You can keep sucking on your Fox News feeding tube and ejaculate on a pile of guns somewhere.

Swing away, we’ve been here before, we’ll be here again.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

ejaculate on a pile of guns somewhere.
My Friday plans are set now.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Apollo91881 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:22 am Didn’t seem like a peaceful protest.
My bad, I thought the whole thing was totally peaceful this whole time. Fox lied. You're definitely right about everything, and now that I see that I'll help you parrot all the talking points from them.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic