Will KOW allow none vaxxed travellers restriction free entry anytime soon?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Will KOW allow none vaxxed travellers restriction free entry anytime soon?

Post by John Bingham »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:03 pm
Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:50 am
CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:55 am
Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:21 am
The locals outside the tourist industry could care less one way or another if a foreigner ever stepped foot in their country, especially an unvaccinated tourist.

I’d have to disagree wholeheartedly on this ..... everywhere I’ve travelled in Asia and just about anywhere in the world, when I’ve ventured off the beaten track I’ve found warmth and welcoming people’s ..... proud if sometimes surprised that a foreigner was interested in their country .... They’re always happy to share their culture, language & food with me ....... Now on the other hand,in the tourist areas I’ve encountered plenty of animosity and barang fatigue ... scams and out right belligerence if apparently I’m not spending enough money ..... Maybe I’m just lucky and spend most of my time mixing with folks who haven’t made tourism money their God and are just happy to see a stranger who is interested in them.
I may have misspoke. I have never had a bad experience either, in Thailand, even in the most remote areas, always a pleasant vacation with the friendliest people no matter what part of the country I traveled too. What I meant was many parts of the countries I mentioned that are not affected by tourism, those individuals are conscious of the types of infections going around and wouldn’t want foreigners who are not vaccinated entering their country. Given how the government in some of these countries put these people in lockdown because of Covid, especially in the Philippines and Vietnam, I doubt they want unvaccinated foreigners coming into their country without some kind of safeguard so they don’t have to go through this again.
But as I said originally, vaccination status does not stop transmission.
Maybe you should apply to work as a consultant to the Ministry of Health? I'm sure they are really interested in getting your qualified input. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:30 pm
The locals outside the tourist industry could care less one way or another if a foreigner ever stepped foot in their country, especially an unvaccinated tourist.

I’d have to disagree wholeheartedly on this ..... everywhere I’ve travelled in Asia and just about anywhere in the world, when I’ve ventured off the beaten track I’ve found warmth and welcoming people’s ..... proud if sometimes surprised that a foreigner was interested in their country .... They’re always happy to share their culture, language & food with me ....... Now on the other hand,in the tourist areas I’ve encountered plenty of animosity and barang fatigue ... scams and out right belligerence if apparently I’m not spending enough money ..... Maybe I’m just lucky and spend most of my time mixing with folks who haven’t made tourism money their God and are just happy to see a stranger who is interested in them.
I may have misspoke. I have never had a bad experience either, in Thailand, even in the most remote areas, always a pleasant vacation with the friendliest people no matter what part of the country I traveled too. What I meant was many parts of the countries I mentioned that are not affected by tourism, those individuals are conscious of the types of infections going around and wouldn’t want foreigners who are not vaccinated entering their country. Given how the government in some of these countries put these people in lockdown because of Covid, especially in the Philippines and Vietnam, I doubt they want unvaccinated foreigners coming into their country without some kind of safeguard so they don’t have to go through this again.
Maybe you should apply to work as a consultant to the Ministry of Health? I'm sure they are really interested in getting your qualified input. :?
Good one!
I guess you work for the ministry of comedy.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Yes, and I don't remember anyone saying at the launch that getting this new miracle vaccine would offer no protection from infection. Not a word about that was said by any political leaders. Having had 3 shots and 2 infections, I can vouch for that.

Whether it offers much protection against severity is another argument, but with Covid mutating itself into something far more benign and contagious at the same time, Covid did us a much bigger favour than anyone.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:24 pm
Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:43 am
Sirhaden1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:36 am
Sirhaden1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:11 am

YES.
Money
Why?
For the obvious reason(s). For someone claiming to have been to SE Asia many times in the past 10 years you shouldn’t have to ask Why? to what is obvious.
Because vaccination doesn't stop transmission, so why would anyone care?
Or are you saying locals are dumb and do not understand this?
LOL. That’s your only response, “vaccination doesn’t stop transmission”. And don’t hurt yourself trying to interpret what I am trying to say, that’s a fail situation on your part.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:38 pm

Why?
For the obvious reason(s). For someone claiming to have been to SE Asia many times in the past 10 years you shouldn’t have to ask Why? to what is obvious.
LOL. That’s your only response, “vaccination doesn’t stop transmission”. And don’t hurt yourself trying to interpret what I am trying to say, that’s a fail situation on your part.
So what are the obvious reason (s)?
I'm not as bright as you, so please do list them.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:51 pm
Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:38 pm

Why?
So what are the obvious reason (s)?
I'm not as bright as you, so please do list them.
Apparently not. But I’m not going to repeat myself for you, I already stated it in previous posts, apparently you just want to go back and forth on this topic. Bottom line is the countries is SE Asia probably won’t be allowing unvaccinated foreigners in this year without some type of restrictions,, so enjoy yourself in Mexico, I was going to take a little vacation down there while my retirement paperwork was being done, but I didn’t want to have to take the Covid test before coming back to the US after it was done.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

From the (2nd) Kampong Noticeboard on Farcebook....

My 4th day of hunger strike
I have 1 shot of what seemed to be an innocuous vaccine produced according to what is known as a vaccine (inactive virus) from Sinopharm. The result was 10 days of breathing problems. I resisted having a second one.
I had to travel to England. England does not accept vaccination proofs from Cambodia nor Sinopharm, but I had to follow a quarantine, fine! Not rigorous and on the 5th day I passed a PCR test to Release and go free.

Upon my arrival to Cambodia, despite having 4 negative PCR, one PCR 36 shorts before my arrival and another one on arrival I was sentenced to 2 weeks in what they subtlety like to soften the word as quanrentine. but it's a jail.

There are cameras on the corridor, guardians, and we are not even allowed to walk out of our room.
I would understand if there was a chance of infection but there are ways to know whether a person is infected or not. We are already 2 years into this matter.
I refuse to eat and hope this will end soon

1. Cambodia's entry requirements are no secret, clearly stated that travelers who are not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated are required to undergo quarantine, at their own expense.

2. Quarantine means quarantine

3. Quarantine period was reduced to 7 days, so he won't have to do 14 days as long as he tests negative.

Not sure what he hopes to achieve by going on a hunger strike, apart from saving money
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:41 pm From the (2nd) Kampong Noticeboard on Farcebook....

My 4th day of hunger strike
I have 1 shot of what seemed to be an innocuous vaccine produced according to what is known as a vaccine (inactive virus) from Sinopharm. The result was 10 days of breathing problems. I resisted having a second one.
I had to travel to England. England does not accept vaccination proofs from Cambodia nor Sinopharm, but I had to follow a quarantine, fine! Not rigorous and on the 5th day I passed a PCR test to Release and go free.

Upon my arrival to Cambodia, despite having 4 negative PCR, one PCR 36 shorts before my arrival and another one on arrival I was sentenced to 2 weeks in what they subtlety like to soften the word as quanrentine. but it's a jail.

There are cameras on the corridor, guardians, and we are not even allowed to walk out of our room.
I would understand if there was a chance of infection but there are ways to know whether a person is infected or not. We are already 2 years into this matter.
I refuse to eat and hope this will end soon

1. Cambodia's entry requirements are no secret, clearly stated that travelers who are not fully vaccinated/unvaccinated are required to undergo quarantine, at their own expense.

2. Quarantine means quarantine

3. Quarantine period was reduced to 7 days, so he won't have to do 14 days as long as he tests negative.

Not sure what he hopes to achieve by going on a hunger strike, apart from saving money
England does not accept vaccination proofs from Cambodia nor Sinopharm, but I had to follow a quarantine, fine! Not rigorous and on the 5th day I passed a PCR test to Release and go free.

In case anyone is reading this with an upcoming trip there, the UK does not require anything now: no passenger locator, no pre or post flight testing and don't even care if you are vaccinated or not. This has been the case since 17th March 2022.

If this protest is as old as his UK information, there is a chance this guy has already died of starvation :D
DavidFieldman
Expatriate
Canada

Post by DavidFieldman »

I am in China and likely travel to Cambodia soon. I have had two jabs of the Chinese SinoVac vaccine. Is that acceptable to the Cambodian authorities? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:20 pm In essence hat's what I'm wondering.
Now we know that the vaccination does not stop transmission, will Cambo or any other SEA country take the lead by lessening the travel restrictions any time soon?
I think they might focus more on cracking down on foreigners claiming English as their first language, without documented proof.

To your first muse, I would say that it depends on the occasion, and it used to be frowned upon indoors.

I haven't heard anything from the top, and, my unqualified guess, to be fair, is China will see how the Europeans' open houses fare, out of fear.

That's probably your best guess as to what will happen in KoW.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic