Will KOW allow none vaxxed travellers restriction free entry anytime soon?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Will KOW allow none vaxxed travellers restriction free entry anytime soon?

Post by Kenr »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:55 am
Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:21 am
The locals outside the tourist industry could care less one way or another if a foreigner ever stepped foot in their country, especially an unvaccinated tourist.

I’d have to disagree wholeheartedly on this ..... everywhere I’ve travelled in Asia and just about anywhere in the world, when I’ve ventured off the beaten track I’ve found warmth and welcoming people’s ..... proud if sometimes surprised that a foreigner was interested in their country .... They’re always happy to share their culture, language & food with me ....... Now on the other hand,in the tourist areas I’ve encountered plenty of animosity and barang fatigue ... scams and out right belligerence if apparently I’m not spending enough money ..... Maybe I’m just lucky and spend most of my time mixing with folks who haven’t made tourism money their God and are just happy to see a stranger who is interested in them.
I may have misspoke. I have never had a bad experience either, in Thailand, even in the most remote areas, always a pleasant vacation with the friendliest people no matter what part of the country I traveled too. What I meant was many parts of the countries I mentioned that are not affected by tourism, those individuals are conscious of the types of infections going around and wouldn’t want foreigners who are not vaccinated entering their country. Given how the government in some of these countries put these people in lockdown because of Covid, especially in the Philippines and Vietnam, I doubt they want unvaccinated foreigners coming into their country without some kind of safeguard so they don’t have to go through this again.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:36 am
Sirhaden1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:11 am
Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:57 am Although ultimately it’s the government who decides on how to deal with this Covid situation, outside of the tourist industry, does anyone really believe the local people in countries like Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, or Vietnam want unvaccinated tourist in their country?
YES.
Money
The locals outside the tourist industry could care less one way or another if a foreigner ever stepped foot in their country, especially an unvaccinated tourist.
Why?
You mention elsewhere that you are vaccinated so why are you concerned?
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Thanks nemo, I just went back and read where he stated he is vaccinated. So what is he complaining about and why, and why is he heading to Mexico? The OP is all over the place.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:50 am

I’d have to disagree wholeheartedly on this ..... everywhere I’ve travelled in Asia and just about anywhere in the world, when I’ve ventured off the beaten track I’ve found warmth and welcoming people’s ..... proud if sometimes surprised that a foreigner was interested in their country .... They’re always happy to share their culture, language & food with me ....... Now on the other hand,in the tourist areas I’ve encountered plenty of animosity and barang fatigue ... scams and out right belligerence if apparently I’m not spending enough money ..... Maybe I’m just lucky and spend most of my time mixing with folks who haven’t made tourism money their God and are just happy to see a stranger who is interested in them.
I may have misspoke. I have never had a bad experience either, in Thailand, even in the most remote areas, always a pleasant vacation with the friendliest people no matter what part of the country I traveled too. What I meant was many parts of the countries I mentioned that are not affected by tourism, those individuals are conscious of the types of infections going around and wouldn’t want foreigners who are not vaccinated entering their country. Given how the government in some of these countries put these people in lockdown because of Covid, especially in the Philippines and Vietnam, I doubt they want unvaccinated foreigners coming into their country without some kind of safeguard so they don’t have to go through this again.

So nothing about your original statement is what you actually meant then ??

Reading this response I'm interpreting that folks just don't want to be mistreated by their respective governments .... Nothing to do with Covid or vaccines .... They'd hate anything that would give their governments an opportunity to oppress them ....
Have I got your message right now ?
People don't hate unvaccinated tourists .... They hate oppressive government .....

Just to be clear. :-)
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:35 am

So nothing about your original statement is what you actually meant then ??

Reading this response I'm interpreting that folks just don't want to be mistreated by their respective governments .... Nothing to do with Covid or vaccines .... They'd hate anything that would give their governments an opportunity to oppress them ....
Have I got your message right now ?
People don't hate unvaccinated tourists .... They hate oppressive government .....

Just to be clear. :-)
I’m not saying they hate anyone, but I doubt they want unvaccinated foreigners entering their country. I don’t think they are oppressive governments, they are doing it to protect their people from illness and death, and the people understand that. But like I said in my original statement, I don’t think it would make a difference one way or another to the people not involved in the tourism industry if foreigners came to their country.

Is that clear enough for you?
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

nemo wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 9:51 am
Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:57 am Although ultimately it’s the government who decides on how to deal with this Covid situation, outside of the tourist industry, does anyone really believe the local people in countries like Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, or Vietnam want unvaccinated tourist in their country?
YES.
Money
Why?
You mention elsewhere that you are vaccinated so why are you concerned?
No I didn't.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:25 am Thanks nemo, I just went back and read where he stated he is vaccinated. So what is he complaining about and why, and why is he heading to Mexico? The OP is all over the place.
Ive never said I was vaccinated.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Sirhaden1 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:59 am
Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:25 am Thanks nemo, I just went back and read where he stated he is vaccinated. So what is he complaining about and why, and why is he heading to Mexico? The OP is all over the place.
Ive never said I was vaccinated.
Sorry my fault the post preview shows a post from Richard rather than you
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

But as I said originally, vaccination status does not stop transmission.
Sirhaden1
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Sirhaden1 »

Kenr wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 4:43 am
YES.
Money
Why?
For the obvious reason(s). For someone claiming to have been to SE Asia many times in the past 10 years you shouldn’t have to ask Why? to what is obvious.
Because vaccination doesn't stop transmission, so why would anyone care?
Or are you saying locals are dumb and do not understand this?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic