men giving birth

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
violet
Expatriate

Re: men giving birth

Post by violet »

scott61 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:17 am If males gave birth they'd do it with less fuss than women. It's more painful to get be kicked in the balls than give birth. You often hear women say about babies, 'I'd like to have another one.' You never hear men saying that about a kick in the balls.
Not sure if you are serious.
Some magic shit happens as a result of a baby being the result of all that pain and it’s also posed that perhaps something happens in terms of remembering the good stuff and kind of blocking the bad stuff just so reproduction can happen again and woman can do the tough work required to ensure the survival of the species.
Also - women can cope with that hours long pain better than a male can with something that lasts a few minutes - so rather than the pain being less, women are better able to cope with something that is more painful and longer lasting than a kick in the nuts.

But maybe you were just stirring.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

violet wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:26 am
scott61 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:17 am If males gave birth they'd do it with less fuss than women. It's more painful to get be kicked in the balls than give birth. You often hear women say about babies, 'I'd like to have another one.' You never hear men saying that about a kick in the balls.
Not sure if you are serious.
Some magic shit happens as a result of a baby being the result of all that pain and it’s also posed that perhaps something happens in terms of remembering the good stuff and kind of blocking the bad stuff just so reproduction can happen again and woman can do the tough work required to ensure the survival of the species.
Also - women can cope with that hours long pain better than a male can with something that lasts a few minutes - so rather than the pain being less, women are better able to cope with something that is more painful and longer lasting than a kick in the nuts.

But maybe you were just stirring.
:facepalm: Sorry! I was out of order there. I'm not trolling, It thought that it was so obviously a joke, that I wouldn't need the ironic emoticon :lol:
I imagine the pain of giving birth is incomparable to the inconvenience of being kicked in the balls.
I realise, this was a serious discussion and you weren't expecting some clown to come on and think he was lightening it up.
It won't happen again! No humour without LOL... and that could be the cultural root of the problem here... maybe you spell it humor :D
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Hey scott61, being a nasty misogynist for laughs went out of fashion about 50 years ago. I apologize if that's too woke for you but some of us appreciate mothers.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

John Bingham wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:42 pm Hey scott61, being a nasty misogynist for laughs went out of fashion about 50 years ago. I apologize if that's too woke for you but some of us appreciate mothers.
There's nothing funnier than humourlessness. :lol:
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

scott61 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:42 am
John Bingham wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 11:42 pm Hey scott61, being a nasty misogynist for laughs went out of fashion about 50 years ago. I apologize if that's too woke for you but some of us appreciate mothers.
A person who does not find specific attempts at humour funny does not equate to humourlessness. Not all humans share the same humour.
I’m sure many find your comment funny. Great.

I said I wasn’t sure if it was a joke. Written comments are ambiguous by nature.
Now I know it was an attempt at humour, I still don’t laugh at it. Nor am I offended by it. It’s just not my type of humour.
I laugh at a few things. I admit finding a great comedy movie or series is hard for me, but I definitely find some things funny. Fewer and fewer people make me laugh because I’m in a foreign country and my humour was born and developed elsewhere.

I hope my comment bored the bejeezus out of you and you stopped reading after the twelfth word.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

violet wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 5:28 am
scott61 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:42 am
A person who does not find specific attempts at humour funny does not equate to humourlessness. Not all humans share the same humour.
I’m sure many find your comment funny. Great.

I said I wasn’t sure if it was a joke. Written comments are ambiguous by nature.
Now I know it was an attempt at humour, I still don’t laugh at it. Nor am I offended by it. It’s just not my type of humour.
I laugh at a few things. I admit finding a great comedy movie or series is hard for me, but I definitely find some things funny. Fewer and fewer people make me laugh because I’m in a foreign country and my humour was born and developed elsewhere.

I hope my comment bored the bejeezus out of you and you stopped reading after the twelfth word.
I read your comment with interest and I think I understand your point of view. As you point out, written comments are ambiguous and that's why I should have used some kind of emoticon to express that it was an honest (if bad) attempt at humour.

I thought of deconstructing the joke to show that it really makes fun of misogyny. But then, explaining a joke or laughing at your own joke simply destroys it, so what's the point of making it? With many nationalities here, political affiliations and ages, I now see that humour should be attempted with caution.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I think it’s good to share some humour. We all just have to be prepared that it might not be received as intended for a multitude of reasons- I’ve had my humour understandably misunderstood on here - thick skin to get through the flurry that results, explain, move on.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

violet wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:44 pm I think it’s good to share some humour. We all just have to be prepared that it might not be received as intended for a multitude of reasons- I’ve had my humour understandably misunderstood on here - thick skin to get through the flurry that results, explain, move on.
I agree :beer3:

Just realised we are posting in the Asinine Arena :facepalm:

Best wishes :hattip:
roadman
Expatriate

Post by roadman »

Back to the OP,

Men do not give birth. This is a biological fact.

Anyone saying otherwise is indeed talking nonsense.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Maybe a human male brood pouch is in development. https://kidadl.com/fun-facts/why-do-mal ... t-possible
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic