Boris Becker Sentenced to 2.5 years in prison

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Boris Becker Sentenced to 2.5 years in prison

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:45 pm Silly bugger should have just left the UK; but I guess it must be hard to pass up the TV cash

Boris is one of those unusual Germans with a decent sense of humour; I like the skinny pube haired fish eyed chancer
He can't run, he would be unemployable as a wanted man on the run and he would be very easy to arrest and extradite, which guarantees a stint in a prison somewhere, and if that's happens to be in the US that is a very different prospect to a British open prison.

He just ran out of road and his day of reckoning arrived. Once the shock of being taken away and processed passes, he will be shipped off to a low security / open prison soon enough. He might have a pretty unpleasant few weeks in the scrubs until he gets transferred.

After that he will adapt and the relief that it's all over will be felt. He'll do at least 15 months.

The Insolvency Service must be giddy with the excitement of bagging an elephant. Nothing will sharpen the minds of anyone currently plotting to evade their bankruptcies with lies and concealment by seeing Boris getting sent to prison.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 2:15 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:45 pm Silly bugger should have just left the UK; but I guess it must be hard to pass up the TV cash

Boris is one of those unusual Germans with a decent sense of humour; I like the skinny pube haired fish eyed chancer
He can't run, he would be unemployable as a wanted man on the run and he would be very easy to arrest and extradite, which guarantees a stint in a prison somewhere, and if that's happens to be in the US that is a very different prospect to a British open prison.

He just ran out of road and his day of reckoning arrived. Once the shock of being taken away and processed passes, he will be shipped off to a low security / open prison soon enough. He might have a pretty unpleasant few weeks in the scrubs until he gets transferred.

After that he will adapt and the relief that it's all over will be felt. He'll do at least 15 months.

The Insolvency Service must be giddy with the excitement of bagging an elephant. Nothing will sharpen the minds of anyone currently plotting to evade their bankruptcies with lies and concealment by seeing Boris getting sent to prison.
What a silly wûrst
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I will always remember when he won Wimbledon is 1985. That was the day I lost my wage packet on the way home from work, the good old days when your wages came weekly in pound notes.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

hanno wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:58 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:26 pm
hanno wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:24 pm I was visiting Germany in 1985, coming from Kenya. I had absolutely no idea who Boris "Bobbele" Becker was. I do remember going to the local lake on a beautiful Sunday afternoon near the town of Leimen, where he was from. I was surprised that I was virtually the only person at that lake, a lake that is usually crowded. I went to get a beer and asked what the heck was happening. The lady went "Bobbele is playing!!!". She thought I was taking the piss when I said that I had no effing clue who or what she was talking about.

Anyway, kind of sad to see the arguably best player of the time finishing up like this, but then he has been on a downwards spiral for decades.
"...a downward spiral for decades" shows how high up he was. I would be on a downward spiral for about six days before I'd hit rock!
I am not a tennis fan but he was the biggest star in Germany for years, along with Steffi Graf. But after he ended his tennis career, everything he touched (car dealerships, professional poker, sex in a broom cabinet) went toxic. I think that he is probably not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
I think sports people are managed and prepared a bit better for the afterlife, these days. It seems some don't realise, or forget, nearly everyone is watching their every move. And the rest will read about it, post it on forums to become a multi-page dissection in a country that has four tennis courts that are used for volleyball.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic