26% Of Brits Have Poop On Their Hands

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
wackyjacky
Expatriate

26% Of Brits Have Poop On Their Hands

Post by wackyjacky »

Good God, I don't want to even think about the % here then. I'll stop eating all together ! LINK: http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-19834975 .........."Poo, it's getting everywhere. Faecal bacteria are present on 26% of hands in the UK, 14% of banknotes and 10% of credit cards, according to new research carried out by hygiene experts from Queen Mary, University of London (QMUL) and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)............ They say one of the biggest shocks is the level of germs. Findings suggest 11% of our hands are so "grossly contaminated" they are carrying as many germs as a dirty toilet bowl. It's the same for 8% of cards and 6% of notes. We already know faecal matter can be found on one in six mobile phones.......... In a recent UK-wide study, 99% of people interviewed at motorway service stations toilets claimed they had washed their hands after going to the toilet. Electronic recording devices revealed only 32% of men and 64% of women actually did."
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Re: 26% Of Brits Have Poop On Their Hands

Post by TheGrinchSR »

100% of people who use their hand rather than toilet roll are likely to have poop on their hands...
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

I think splash back from the bum guns could be the cause of a lot of intestinal difficulties. The handles must be brutal ! How many food preparers thoroughly wash their hands w/soap after ?
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

When visiting the UK, you can safely hide your money and valuables under your soap.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Poop on your hands is better than blood on your hands.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

I bet this came from the recent trending article about beards harboring poo - when it fact beards (and our skin, but let's not bother with that) harbor an intestinal bacteria that is also normally found on the body.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Well I have read some crap on here but this is a new level. I wash my hands of the whole lot of you!
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

Apparently door handles and keyboards are the worst, good thing I don't post often.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
wackyjacky
Expatriate

Post by wackyjacky »

The absolute worst is your kitchen sponge. Throw the f*cker in the microwave for a minute a couple X a day.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

I'm very vocal about this. It is far too common for people to not wash their hands after using the bathroom. I have called out many people for this behavior and they all say shit like "I didn't [poop/pee] on my hand" - it doesn't matter!! Wash your fucking hands. It is disgusting. Not all bacteria can be seen, just because you didn't see any shit or piss land doesn't mean tiny molecules aren't there. If any of you were to visit my house, be prepared because I expect 40sec + between flushing the toilet and exiting the bathroom. That's 30 seconds hand washing, and it better be warm to hot fucking water because cold doesn't kill shit. This article just confirms what I've already known - the world is populated by savages! It's a fucking jungle out there. I'm going to need more hand sanitizer, but that's not good to use top much either - sort of a last resort when no soap is around. So if any of you don't wash your hands, even when drunk, know that you are repulsive and need to atone for your sins.

Okay. just had to get that off the chest.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic