Did ministers pervert Christianity?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rubberbaron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Did ministers pervert Christianity?

Post by rubberbaron »

Reading this thread I found I can't really comment here as I subscribe to virtually everything that you guys posted already. Christianity is a sham. Religion is opium for the masses, especially Christianity and Islam. Stalin said this, didn't he? That former governor of Minnesota, the wrestler, I forgot his name, said religious and fat people are all weak. Maybe not entirely true but one has to question the soundness of those religious nutcases in the U. S. or the fanatics in the Philippines. I personally would not count all fat people as being weak. There are other issues playing a role here.
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Jesse Ventura is a bit of a nutter, but he was right about religion. Of course, he only said that after getting elected.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

MekongMouse wrote:Jesse Ventura is a bit of a nutter, but he was right about religion. Of course, he only said that after getting elected.
Genuine question:

Why do you think Ventura is a nutter?

Certainly he was controversial, and he had his pro wrestling hyped up image ...

But why specifically a nutter?

Cheers,

RD
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Well, it could just be for ratings, but if you ever watched his show "Conspiracy Theory" it was full of Jeff Rense style conspiracies, often contradicting other conspiracies presented previous episodes. He just seemed so willing to believe absolutely anything, New World Order, Lizard People, etc. He also believes 9/11 was an inside job, which I find absurd. I can imagine some in power knew and did nothing, but the logistics of actually setting it all up ourselves makes me question the sanity of anyone who genuinely buys into that theory.

Like I said, he could just be doing it for ratings but then he is a phony and that is worse in my view.
Rain Dog
Expatriate

Post by Rain Dog »

MekongMouse wrote:Well, it could just be for ratings, but if you ever watched his show "Conspiracy Theory" it was full of Jeff Rense style conspiracies, often contradicting other conspiracies presented previous episodes. He just seemed so willing to believe absolutely anything, New World Order, Lizard People, etc. He also believes 9/11 was an inside job, which I find absurd. I can imagine some in power knew and did nothing, but the logistics of actually setting it all up ourselves makes me question the sanity of anyone who genuinely buys into that theory.

Like I said, he could just be doing it for ratings but then he is a phony and that is worse in my view.
I was thinking more of Jesse the politician, and I largely found him a breath of fresh air.

I have actually watched the "Conspiracy Theory" shows. Obviously hyped up for ratings and since the term "Conspiracy Theory" has been framed to carry negative connotations these days, they would not have chosen that name if they were looking to present the material with a "persuasive" objective. The shows were a bit camp in some ways.

That said, some of the stuff was interesting.

His show definitely gets under power people's skin. The episode "Police State" caused Right wing politicians to call for the episode to be censored. They actually succeeded (and helped him prove his point). After the initial airing the episode was was not shown again .... even though all the other episodes have been aired many times.

He also made an episode about the TSA --- linking the Chief of Homeland Security to profiteering from his actions and policies. The episode was never allowed to air. He also took on the TSA and DHS IRL too suing them for "warrant-less and suspicion-less scans and body searches."

He did get into sillier stuff too --- and even the network admitted the show was more about "entertaining" rather than serious investigative journalism.

Also, I think you are being unfair linking him to "Lizard People" theories. They did do an episode on that ... but in it he specifically accused the "father" of that theory (David Icke) of profiteering from it. They had a long feud (for many years) after that.

There is a fine line between sensationalism and real investigative journalism. Jesse's show definitely fell on the sensationalistic side. Seymour Hersch has also been called a Conspiracy Theorists and sensationalistic ---- and he has been proven right many times -- but he stays more on the investigative journalism side.

Jesse is no nutter though -- smart dude actually. Just knew how to use his persona to gain profit and political influence.

Anyone willing to to challenge the USA's descent into a militarized police state cannot be all bad.

Cheers,

RD
Taxi, we'd rather walk. Huddle a doorway with the rain dogs
The Rum pours strong and thin. Beat out the dustman with the Rain Dogs;
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

That's a fair argument in his defense and I do agree about Jesse the politician, at least in regard to civil liberties.
snookie BRO
Expatriate
Solomon Islands

Post by snookie BRO »

vladimir wrote:......Have they done/are they doing the same in your country? They were either quiet or actively supporting colonialism in India and many other colonies.
vladimir wrote:Well, many think this particular fiction should be used for good, but many others used it to entrench the ruling class. It's not about whether it is truth or fiction, it's about what people did with what it was intended for.I believe it was intended for good, apart from the 'propaganda' crap.
Vlad, what an interesting comment. Actually what a great thread this is. I pretty much resonate with it all, (as well as Christians choosing to 'cherry pick' the religion to suit their needs.)

Talking about Authority perverting Christianity, this video nicely sums it up, and gives an excellent NWO stance.TRULY A MUST SEE AND HIGHLY ILLUMINATING:

:popcorn:
Rider of the storm.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic