Acleda's new Payband

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Acleda's new Payband

Post by atst »

I only wear a watch when going out and sometimes find myself reaching for my phone to see what time it is, then relise I've got my watch on. :BangHead:
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I lost my watch about 25 years ago, and never bought an other one, why would you want to know what time it is if you live in KOW, nobody cares, your girlfriend will be hours (or days) to late !! Relaxxxx guys !! And if you really want to know the time,even my fancy yellow small Nokia 3310 has a clock on it !! ??
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:40 pm I lost my watch about 25 years ago, and never bought an other one, why would you want to know what time it is if you live in KOW, nobody cares, your girlfriend will be hours (or days) to late !! Relaxxxx guys !! And if you really want to know the time,even my fancy yellow small Nokia 3310 has a clock on it !! ??
You live on a different planet than most of us. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Is a Casio G-SHOCK considered a "flexing" type of watch. I heard it was fashionable once upon a time.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:40 pm I lost my watch about 25 years ago, and never bought an other one, why would you want to know what time it is if you live in KOW, nobody cares, your girlfriend will be hours (or days) to late !! Relaxxxx guys !! And if you really want to know the time,even my fancy yellow small Nokia 3310 has a clock on it !! ??
I would think not! Most in rural areas still have a phone with the time on it, but it doesn't matter if it does. The time for them is sunrise and sunset, with a hot bit in between for an afternoon nap, and of course a few beers in the evening before sleep.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Is it going to be one of those ludicrous accessories where you 'tap' with the watch, and then you need to put in an authenticator code in the Acleda app on your phone ... i.e. why not just tap with the phone #facepalm etc.

Can't fault Acleda's impact on the country, but they sure do have some weird (okay, really bad) tech as far as customer experience goes- said as a business user.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:44 pm
probably i do live not on your planet, but i dont know yours is better or mine ??
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

It’s not long now before the doggy chip under the skin is advanced enough to render such devices obsolete.

Along with passports, ankle monitors, short term custodial sentences, police tasers, alarm clocks, and possibly the human being. But I think I might continue to wear a watch, and struggle to keep track of all the bloody PIN numbers that are seemingly so bloody essential these days. Especially if it starts to become flexing to de-accessorise and minimalist. I’ve always managed to remain a decade or so behind trendy.

A quick trip to the vet; they can administer both this year’s favourite pandemic booster and one’s new contactless tracker.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

And many of us come to live here because life is so simple :)
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

I'm going to buy one of the new metric watches when they change over to metric time. It will take a while to adjust to having 10 hours to the day, 10 hours to the night , 100 seconds to the minute and 100 minutes to the hour.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic