Mask Mandate on US Flights Officially Ended!

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Mask Mandate on US Flights Officially Ended!

Post by General Mackevili »

That's a breath of fresh air, literally. Hopefully everyone else Dolores suit. And of course, you still have the choice to wear one if you so choose. :thumb:

Federal Judge Strikes Down Mask Mandate for Planes and Public Transit

The nation’s largest airlines dropped the requirement within hours of the ruling, but New York’s M.T.A. said its passengers must still wear a mask for now.

WASHINGTON — A federal judge in Florida struck down the mask requirement on airplanes, trains, buses and other public transportation on Monday, less than a week after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had extended it through May 3.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/18/us/p ... lanes.html

"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Mask Mandate on US Flights Officially Ended!

Post by Doc67 »

I bet there will still be plenty of people who keep wearing them for some time to come.

Asia have been wearing masks long before Covid, for air quality or infection control. With influenza rates apparently very low in the west since mask wearing became 'fashionable' in 2020, it would not be the worst idea to use them seasonally and selectively rather than consign them to the dustbin of history.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Silence, exile, and cunning.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:08 am Image
That is why doctors, nurses, lab workers, and the like drop dead all the time.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hanno wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:19 am
Hence my caveat, "seasonally and selectively". A crowded commuter train in London during January sounds like a decent idea. Walking though the park in July in a mask is just daft.

A public health campaign, without all the hyperbole, promoting their use in certain circumstances could be useful.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

in my case (i dont fly i guess because i havent been vaxxed ) but the no mask law or optional would make me want to wear one 🤓 to protect myself from people like me , but if mandatory i know i would get out of it one way or the other 😉
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:39 am A public health campaign, without all the hyperbole, promoting their use in certain circumstances could be useful.
I certainly agree with that. In some parts of the world, masks are just way too politicised. Here in Vietnam, I am beginning to see the first people without masks, though the vast majority still wear them and I do not expect that to change anytime soon. No politics involved, just the way it is. Personally, I would continue to wear a mask in busy places (which is all of Vietnam), even if the mandate was lifted.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

hanno wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:19 am
Ah, but aren't they all in hospital?!!
:stir:
:beer3:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I think even now, more than two years down the line, many people are still under the assumption that masks are there to protect them from catching airborne diseases such as Covid, when all they really do is help to prevent you from spreading your germs to other people, should you yourself be infected with anything.

I'll bet every single person sitting on one of these planes voluntarily wearing a face mask will be doing so in the mistaken belief that it is protecting them.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hanno wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:02 am
Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:39 am A public health campaign, without all the hyperbole, promoting their use in certain circumstances could be useful.
I certainly agree with that. In some parts of the world, masks are just way too politicised. Here in Vietnam, I am beginning to see the first people without masks, though the vast majority still wear them and I do not expect that to change anytime soon. No politics involved, just the way it is. Personally, I would continue to wear a mask in busy places (which is all of Vietnam), even if the mandate was lifted.
I would say the ratio is about 50/50 where I am in Riverside, but that does include expats as well as locals. There has been a noticeable increase of non wearing recently. I go out in the morning for a walk without one but always have one in my pocket. I walk past the traffic police and some of them aren't even wearing one now.

I can't speak for the rural areas and whether they are still wearing them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic