Like, Share and Subscribe...errrrgghh

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Like, Share and Subscribe...errrrgghh

Post by Freightdog »

rozzieoz wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 2:20 pm OP, have you read the post about Lee and Mel's accident?
Now that's a REAL problem.
In fairness, he did, and contributed...
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

mannanman wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:25 pm I’d rather they stop those annoying videos with some idiot in the corner giving a running commentary or some woman voiceover telling me what I’m watching or a computerised voice doing the same or the caption “Wait till the end…” where nothing happens or sped up video clips of movies or obviously fake setup videos or videos filmed in portrait or videos of some guy/woman talking about something that would take 30 seconds in real life but they stretch it out to 5 minutes or any comments in any video.

How about just not watching YT.
The computer synth narrative! Especially when it cannot differentiate between model number sequences and mathematical formulae, or pronounces names incorrectly. If it's worth making a video, and uploading it, then it's worth getting the narration wrong. Along with false information, fake news, and uncorroborated 'facts', and obvious clickbait that has nothing in it's content alluded to by the headline.

Like/Subscribe- it's a bit of a minor issue, unless someone is especially highly strung.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

...or should be
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

People aren't seeing the big picture of growing global chaos, due to this.

You could set up your own Youtube thing as a petition against the subscribe and like buttons/announcements, and supporters could like and subscribe their support, then they could both share their disgust with other sock puppets.

Everyone should have principles and fight for something they strongly believe in. I, myself, recall when wine gums went from 2 for a cent, to a cent each - 100% increase! - and I changed to milk bottles. It wasn't easy, but you have to stick to your values.

Good like with the crusade.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

While I don't think it's something that warrants a thread of its own on an internet forum, it's well known that the majority pf people don't subscribe to any channels, or at least, very few. I don't subscribe to any. The algorithm does a pretty good job at serving me the types of videos I'm interested in and, like most people, I just scroll through whatever comes up on the homepage. If I watch a particular channel several times, it shows me any new videos from that creator on the homepage anyway, so subscribing seems a pointless exercise to me.

That being said OP, you do know there's a war on that has the potential to escalate into another world war, perhaps even nuclear, with the future of humankind in its most perilous state right now than it ever has been before?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic