Critical Care for Lee and Mel (GoFundMe)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Critical Care for Lee and Mel (GoFundMe)

Post by Doc67 »

Kammekor wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:39 pm
nemo wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:42 pm I don't ride them.
Fuck that.
Do you ride the Indian death traps?
I do, but only for very local rides. If my journey involves big fast roads or more than a mile or so and I get a car.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

From the Oscar's on the Corner Facebook Page:

"A huge thanks to all who came out last night for our fundraiser for Lee & Mel - a terrific night that raised over $900 towards their medical expenses - with particular thanks to our friends at Bar Oz who contributed $300 and the musicians who threw in their fees also."

The winner of the cash prize donated his prize back to Lee and Mel :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Oh how wonderful when others substitute there comfort for others stupidity & complacency!
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:09 pm Oh how wonderful when others substitute there comfort for others stupidity & complacency!
Sir, i find it in bad taste to make such a comment, certainly, they made a poor choice without insurance no need to attack two clearly well liked young people, also fairly bold to complain about their stupidity when you clearly struggle with basic grammar :hattip:

well done Rozz and Oscars and Oz bar, good to see a community pull together
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Yobbo wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:09 pm Oh how wonderful when others substitute there comfort for others stupidity & complacency!
Fuck you. What a nasty thing to say.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

You are such a nice person.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:41 pm
atst wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:35 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:13 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:21 pm
pissontheroof wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:01 pm Insurance is a big waste of money unless it’s life insurance and your beneficiary will definitely get it .
I got an extra wheel on my moto and haven’t had any injury road accident since that
Other insurance is wasteful unless you can make a claim and make it pay off .
How is medical/hospital insurance wasteful when this case shows otherwise?

If they'd had their own insurance, they wouldn't be needing Go FundMe..
My opinion is that if you have a motorbike, you should have insurance - for yourself and for other people. If you are in an accident that is not your fault, you may have to pay for the injuries or death of the other party anyway. Yearly third party insurance is cheap (like really cheap), and is good for peace of mind.
After that, you get to decide if personal insurance is worth it for you. Maybe it's not if you have money stashed away or wealthy relations you can call on, but relying on the kindness of strangers if you need major surgery is a big gamble too. We all know that an accident can happen at any time - especially on a motorbike in Cambodia. People get scraped off the road every day and it's not necessarily their fault.
Where do you get this cheap as chups third party insurance?
My 3rd party insurance was @$75 and pays out $30,000 to the 3rd party for damages or death.
Which company? I am looking for insurance.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Soriya wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 1:21 pm
Which company? I am looking for insurance.
Caminco Insurance.
post232694.html#p232694
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:34 am
Sir, i find it in bad taste to make such a comment, certainly, they made a poor choice without insurance no need to attack two clearly well liked young people, also fairly bold to complain about their stupidity when you clearly struggle with basic grammar :hattip:

well done Rozz and Oscars and Oz bar, good to see a community pull together
While the writer could have noticed the flaw I think we should not totally ignore the 'auto correct' function of the device in case the default language is not set to English. :hattip:
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

From GoFundMe

May 4, 2022
by Warren Daly, Organizer
Dearest Supporters

We wish to extend our heartfelt thanks for your generous contributions over the past few weeks.

To ensure continued and full transparency I wish to share the following information:

All donations will only be used to directly fund the following for both Mel, and Lee:

Specialized surgeries
Medication
CT, MRI, and X-ray scans
Doctor consultation fees
Hospitalization (currently at 18 nights)
Ambulance transfers
Rehabilitation

I am a longstanding friend of Lee, and Mel; and the embassy of Australian in Cambodia have assigned me as the next of kin. I have regular contact with both of their families, and the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) Australia regarding this unfortunate situation. All transactions are being recorded in a spreadsheet for Mel, Lee, and their immediate family members to review.

Lee, and Mel have been moved from Calmette to a private clinic in Phnom Penh yesterday (3rd of May 2022) to ensure:

Improved medical attention
Specialized skin grafting for Lee
More flexible visiting arrangements (please standby for updates)
Access to physio, and rehabilitation experts

We wish to thank you all for you kind donations, encouraging words and wishes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic