Jimmy Savile : A British horror story

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Jimmy Savile : A British horror story

Post by Freightdog »

There are a few comments in this thread about how Savile looks weird, creepy. But it was, as I recall, part of his charisma, back in the '70s. How much of that creepiness expressed now is based on what we know now about his activities that came to light? Back many decades ago, a certain type of neatly trimmed moustache was the norm. Later, a certain Austro/German with a dramatic flair took all of Europe to war and the hitler moustache is almost a personification of evil.

Rightly so, mention is made about how certain institutions were rife with what is now perceived and acknowledged as abuse; my mother went to a typical catholic convent run school in Southern Ireland. The smallest infraction by a child warranted a rap across the knuckles with a ruler. Later, when I was in school, if corporal punishment was dished out in an inconsistent manner, we would be reminded of how it was.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I think it’s worth asking the question why none of this came out while he was alive.

With connections to royalty, top MPs, and large swathes of the establishment, were there simply too many people who could possibly be implicated perhaps?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

xandreu wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:49 am I think it’s worth asking the question why none of this came out while he was alive.

With connections to royalty, top MPs, and large swathes of the establishment, were there simply too many people who could possibly be implicated perhaps?
Implicated? Or too much to be lost?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

xandreu wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:49 am I think it’s worth asking the question why none of this came out while he was alive.

Louis Theroux asked him this question and he answered as you surmised. Presumably this conversation is in the doco, if not it's a terrible omission.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Chad Sexington wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:21 pm
John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:02 pm
tightenupvolume1 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:27 pm It is still happening on an industrial scale. There has been and still is a huge cover up by the police, social workers and politicians of rape gangs preying on young school girls by Muslim gangs for the last 20-30 years. Mostly in towns and cities in the north of England but it is everywhere. Some of the stories that have emerged make Saville s crimes look paltry.
How come loads of them are in jail now?
Plenty of them have been jailed, yes, but there are plenty more of them out there, slowly they are being reeled in, but reluctantly, and if the government, local authorities and police forces had had their way, it would still be getting swept under the carpet.
It’s sickening that the authorities and media try their damndest to avoid identifying them for what they are, Muslim groomers and gang rapists of young white girls, and let’s not forget the resistance from certain parties in preventing those convicted offenders born elsewhere, from being deported. It’s depressing, the causes some shameless cunts choose to champion.
Just imagine if there were hundreds of white men systematically grooming, plying with alcohol and drugs and then raping Muslim teenage girls in those northern cities, you would have seen bodies on the floor - lots of them. The families of the victims would not of wasted time complaining to social services or the police.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:43 am
Just imagine if there were hundreds of white men systematically grooming, plying with alcohol and drugs and then raping Muslim teenage girls in those northern cities...
There likely are hundreds of white Christian men raping all sorts of women all over the UK. However we can't blame them when their royal family and establishment are leading by example.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:57 am
Just imagine if there were hundreds of white men systematically grooming, plying with alcohol and drugs and then raping Muslim teenage girls in those northern cities...
There likely are hundreds of white Christian men raping all sorts of women all over the UK. However we can't blame them when their royal family and establishment are leading by example.
Of course there are many white men out there raping women. However I do not believe there are organised groups of white men, operating with impunity in northern towns and cities, that specifically target teenage Muslim girls. If there were they would not last very long, and quite rightly so.

The authorities simply made the calculation that community ethnic relations were more important than arresting and prosecuting people for rape and sexual assault on minors, when they were first made aware of them and despite a mountain of evidence.

The policy just encouraged more gangs to spring up until they police were forced to act. The net result of their policy was numerous additional crimes were committed that could have been prevented, a serious degradation of ethnic relations occurred and the already poor reputation of the police services was further damaged.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:57 am
Two wrongs don’t make a right, all sexual abusers of children deserve putting to death, as should anyone enabling them or actively preventing them being brought to justice.
I’m going to stick my neck out here, and while I’ll agree with you that there’s undoubtedly white Christian men raping women and children, I seriously doubt that they are organized into racially motivated gangs, 15 to 20 or more strong.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Pakistanis aren't exactly known for their fair treatment of women so it's no big surprise. However the topic is white establishment abuse and cover ups.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:08 pm Pakistanis aren't exactly known for their fair treatment of women so it's no big surprise. However the topic is white establishment abuse and cover ups.
Posts about the current establishment covering up sexual abuse aren’t exactly wildly off topic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic