Woman Teacher Going to School Attacked by Thugs

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman Teacher Going to School Attacked by Thugs

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): According to a Facebook post by Mak Mak David, at 7:00 am on April 8, 2022, on Street 430 behind Khmer-Soviet hospital, Sangkat Tomnup Teuk, Khan Boeung Keng Kong, a young woman teacher going to school was attacked and robbed by two groups of men on motorbikes.
As a result of the attack, the victim suffered several injuries and is being treated in hospital. The police have been looking into this incident and are searching for the suspects by checking the CCTVs along the street.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Woman Teacher Going to School Attacked by Thugs

Post by John Bingham »

That's very unfortunate. There is usually a lot of security around there, hopefully they will be able to track down these thugs.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

UPDATE: Police say the Facebook account of a robbery is untrue.

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On the afternoon of April 8, 2022, the Commissariat of Phnom Penh Municipal Police condemned the Facebook account named Mak Mak David, accusing them of falsely posting that a motorbike accident was actually a robbery which occurred on street 430 behind the Khmer-Soviet hospital. The victim is said to be the daughter of the Facebook poster.

The authorities have been investigating the incident and are now searching for the suspect who posted the false information on social media.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

I didn't want to comment without any corroboration, but I did have my doubts about this. I go along that stretch of road at that time on my way to work and it would be a strange place to choose to plan a robbery. There are a few junctions and a school gate that often block the road and would impede any getaway, and as JB mentioned there are quite a few places with officials/security
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

i was surprised about the time: usually at 7 am the bad boys are not yet woken up.
Used to go to a money exchanger in venezuela years ago, and he always told me, come as early as possible, the bad boys all sleep with a hangover, how later in the day how bigger the chance you get robbed, okay, that was Venezuela about 15 years ago, but i think its more or less in the whole world very similar !!
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:39 pm i was surprised about the time: usually at 7 am the bad boys are not yet woken up.
Used to go to a money exchanger in venezuela years ago, and he always told me, come as early as possible, the bad boys all sleep with a hangover, how later in the day how bigger the chance you get robbed, okay, that was Venezuela about 15 years ago, but i think its more or less in the whole world very similar !!
You’ve just given all the villains a heads up, no doubt they’ll all be setting their alarm clocks for an early shift 😉
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 2:39 pm i was surprised about the time: usually at 7 am the bad boys are not yet woken up.
It's more likely a day that they wake up, rather than time. They were possibly on day-3 of no sleep.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Well they solved that one pretty quickly!
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Bongmab69 wrote:i was surprised about the time: usually at 7 am the bad boys are not yet woken up.
Same for me. Although bag snatchings can happen at any time, from 7 onwards there's quite a bit of traffic, making a quick getaway difficult.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic