Bread.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Bread.

Post by Bluenose »

nemo wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:51 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:39 pm
nemo wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:00 pm Rice has no gluten. Bread needs gluten for elasticity to rise.
Please explain gluten free bread then, how does it rise?
Having never made it; I do not know.
xanthan gum is added to provide the stretchiness
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Chad Sexington wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:07 am
truffledog wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:02 am
Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:47 am
AndyKK, one thing is sure, you are not a food photographer. The bread is white, the blue cheese is greenish, and it's not very yummy in a general way. Seen that in some other food pics from you....
No worries, i get that you're a food enthousiast anyway.
A better camera / app could do wonders, but this crude blueish light would be best for an autopsy.
I completely agree..your contributions are very interesting and you seem to be a food lover..but the quality of the pics makes your food look "bad".
The guys showing the food exactly how it is, he’s not trying to market it.
Better that, than posing the food and using filters and lighting tricks to make the food appear to be something it isn’t.
This is very true; I am not pumping up the post or promoting any products that I may buy or even care to make, although the references are added to the post if anyone wanted to buy the product for themselves.
Has for the photography, I just point and shoot with the aid of my smartphone, has it is, and not a paste and copy from the web.
It's a worthwhile thread also that Roz has started here, I remember an old friend of mine who had some problem and would get very ill at times, but once he started to eat gluten free products, he was fine.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Sure, usefull thread and all, not an instagrammer, not a salesman.

The pics don't make any justice to your passion, is what i'm saying.
I just hope you have better results for more importants subjects like people, family pics etc, otherwise they might ressent it.

Cheers
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:52 pm Sure, usefull thread and all, not an instagrammer, not a salesman.

The pics don't make any justice to your passion, is what i'm saying.
I just hope you have better results for more importants subjects like people, family pics etc, otherwise they might ressent it.

Cheers
What a world we live in when every photograph is staged, then scrutinized for its quality and the stylishness of the subjects.
Everything’s got to be just right, if it’s not folk taking pictures of their food in restaurants, it’s folk, more often than not women, posing for a photo, usually being taken by some fed up looking guy, the woman rushing to check if it’s exactly as they’d like, and if not, delete and try again, rinse and repeat until it’s just right. Take the same photo a dozen times until the correct level of “spontaneity” is captured, so that it can then be uploaded to be “appreciated” by their social media followers (ie, complete strangers who couldn’t give a toss about them, but press like so that the favour will be returned) and don’t get me started about people taking fucking selfies.
Remember the good old days when you or your mates would just point and press with the camera, but waiting for select moments to capture because you only had one or two films with you, or you only had so many flash cubes (I’m showing my age here) hoping that most, if not all, of the 24 exposures would develop ok, and the anticipation while waiting for their return from the developers, then when you got them, there was the meeting back up with your mates again and handing round the photos.
If you were really lucky, someone might be snapping away with an instamatic and you could crowd round while the image materialized before your eyes.
You were actually socializing with others, taking photos with them and then viewing them together, far better than sitting alone behind your pc or telephone flicking through a million photos of the same subjects and worrying about forgetting to like them all.
Rant over😉
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Yeah thanks, i'm old enough to know that.
I'm not talking about buying an entire photo studio and staging a whole hollywood setting for every pic, i'm just pointing diplomatically or so that his crap shot is crap, possibly due to :
1- Shit lens on a crappy phone
2- No basic understanding of dealing with the light / shade / position around the subject of the pic to avoid the bland color result
3- Lack of trying a 2nd shot better than the first one.

It's not a big deal to fix in my opinion, so AndyKK could easily do better next time, unless he's not interested into getting appreciative results about the stuff he posts. But i don't know him, maybe he's got shaky hands or vision impairment after all, and good for him to still shoot stuff if so, even with a dirt-cheap phone.

So why ranting about the good old argentic times and millenials selfies addiction ?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:43 pm Yeah thanks, i'm old enough to know that.
I'm not talking about buying an entire photo studio and staging a whole hollywood setting for every pic, i'm just pointing diplomatically or so that his crap shot is crap, possibly due to :
2- No basic understanding of dealing with the light / shade / position around the subject of the pic to avoid the bland color result

It's not a big deal to fix in my opinion, so AndyKK could easily do better next time, unless he's not interested into getting appreciative results about the stuff he posts. But i don't know him, maybe he's got shaky hands or vision impairment after all, and good for him to still shoot stuff if so.

So why ranting about the good old argentic times and millenials selfies addiction ?
Because I’m a grumpy old bastard! and I told you, don’t get me started about people taking selfies!
😉
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:43 pm Yeah thanks, i'm old enough to know that.
4. Curry isn't very photogenic.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Well, CEO isn't one of these selfie places. We all use avatars (except for Rozzie), and nobody wants to take a selfie here, except for Aaron who is probably touching himself while filming it in front of a mirror.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:52 pm 4. Curry isn't very photogenic.
A- It can be
B- The ref pic was bread, ham & green cheese
C- Does the moustache grips like velcro when 69ing ? Just curious
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Ghostwriter wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:06 pm
John Bingham wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:52 pm 4. Curry isn't very photogenic.
A- It can be
B- The ref pic was bread, ham & green cheese
C- Does the moustache grips like velcro when 69ing ? Just curious
Andy's best photos for a long while. Homemade. Looks good to me.

post540045.html#p540045

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic