My New Venture - Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: My New Venture - Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free

Post by John Bingham »

It must suck having these dietary requirements. I don't like every food but I can eat anything.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:34 pm It must suck having these dietary requirements. I don't like every food but I can eat anything.
I have a cook who has made my life a LOT easier. I don't have to risk my life every time I go out for dinner, she knows what I can and can't eat.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

https://gluten.org/2021/03/23/43-foods- ... be-hidden/

There is "hidden" gluten in so many things!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

We are making progress although it's going a lot slower than I had hoped.

We have just about finalised the menu and will be offering meals that gluten intolerant people can't often eat in restaurants, including:
Fish and chips, fried chicken, stir fry, spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli, pasta salad and a couple of hot pasta dishes.

We also have the MOST delicious chocolate and peanut cookies, they are to die for, whether you can eat gluten or not.

And then I have a container of products coming from overseas, including French and Italian brands of gluten free yumminess such as cookies, cakes, cereal, flour, muesli, crackers, crispbread etc. I've never seen these products in Phnom Penh so am VERY excited to deliver treats to the needy.

Please like the Facebook page for updates, things will start happening very soon.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:11 am We are making progress although it's going a lot slower than I had hoped.

We have just about finalised the menu and will be offering meals that gluten intolerant people can't often eat in restaurants, including:
Fish and chips, fried chicken, stir fry, spaghetti and meatballs, ravioli, pasta salad and a couple of hot pasta dishes.

We also have the MOST delicious chocolate and peanut cookies, they are to die for, whether you can eat gluten or not.

And then I have a container of products coming from overseas, including French and Italian brands of gluten free yumminess such as cookies, cakes, cereal, flour, muesli, crackers, crispbread etc. I've never seen these products in Phnom Penh so am VERY excited to deliver treats to the needy.

Please like the Facebook page for updates, things will start happening very soon.
I wish you the very best on your new venture Roz, I think and hope you have cornered a small and much needed market.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:49 pm https://gluten.org/2021/03/23/43-foods- ... be-hidden/

20. Vegan hot dogs – Like other imitation meat products, some brands add wheat gluten to bind and may use yeast extract for flavor. 

I'm devastated - no more vegan hot dogs for me... :cry:
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:36 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:49 pm https://gluten.org/2021/03/23/43-foods- ... be-hidden/

20. Vegan hot dogs – Like other imitation meat products, some brands add wheat gluten to bind and may use yeast extract for flavor. 

I'm devastated - no more vegan hot dogs for me... :cry:
Yeah, My mouth’s watering just at the thought of a vegan hot dog with the gluten and added flavor removed. 🌭
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I'm not selling hotdogs lol
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I am running a draw on my Facebook page, to win one of five gluten free meals, or the grand prize of a week's worth of gluten free meals.

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

You're all invited....

Thursday, May 19th, 5pm - 8pm, above Jungle Domicile on Street 110.
Entrance is free and so is the food - a gluten free buffet of meals, which will be available for order the next day.
If you thought you didn't like gluten free cooking, please let us change your mind. :)

Entertainment will be provided by Scoddy and Arianne of the Sock Essentials, if you haven't seen them perform, do yourself a favour.

Drinks will be available for purchase - I am hoping to have some gluten free beer for you to try!

Please come and celebrate with us as we begin this very exciting new adventure!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic