My New Venture - Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: My New Venture - Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free

Post by Kammekor »

Bongmab69 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:31 pm IS there gluten-free beer available somewhere in Phnom penh ?? And if so, does it make you drunk/aggressive and/or horny also ??
AFAIK gluten free beer is a myth, but I know for sure too much of it will give you a bad feeling in the morning. Not sure that's because of gluten intolerance though.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:55 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:31 pm IS there gluten-free beer available somewhere in Phnom penh ?? And if so, does it make you drunk/aggressive and/or horny also ??
AFAIK gluten free beer is a myth, but I know for sure too much of it will give you a bad feeling in the morning. Not sure that's because of gluten intolerance though.
Seriously? A myth?

Type gluten free beer in Google:
6 gluten free beers worth trying:

Hahn Ultra Crisp
Two Bays Brewing Co. ...
O'Brien's Pale Ale. ...
O'Brien Gluten-Free Premium Lager. ...
Schnitzer Bräu Gluten Free Premium. ...
Wilde Gluten Free Pale Ale.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

What are you talking about, even water makes you horny, you're just a naughty old man ;)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:39 am
Kammekor wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:55 pm
Seriously? A myth?

Type gluten free beer in Google:
6 gluten free beers worth trying:

Hahn Ultra Crisp
Two Bays Brewing Co. ...
O'Brien's Pale Ale. ...
O'Brien Gluten-Free Premium Lager. ...
Schnitzer Bräu Gluten Free Premium. ...
Wilde Gluten Free Pale Ale.
Yesterday I did a quick search out of interest and I found that a beer with less then 20 ppm of gluten can be called gluten free. I don't know if that's enough for people to respond to it though. But it's a lot better than a hoppy English Ale which contains over 3,000 ppm of gluten.

I checked the Hahn and the O'Brien's Pale Ale and both claim to be 100% gluten free. That's quite an achievement.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

rozzieoz wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:40 am
What are you talking about, even water makes you horny, you're just a naughty old man ;)
[/quote

Its not the water who makes me horny, but it does after you gave me a typical "rozzie-hug" and then probably, yes !! By the way, if i am a naughty old man, you are a naughty old woman, because you are exactly as old as i am !! And who knows, probably even more horny (if eaten gluten-free) ?? !!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I should have a list tomorrow of products, including cereal, cookies, crackers, soy sauce, noodles, flour, savoury snacks and cakey things.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I love cakey things.
Good thread Roz.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Ok here is a better list of what's either in stock or on its way. I reckon the store will open next week, (with some products) and the rest on the way. The takeaway meals will be available after Khmer New Year.

So in stock is soy sauce (two types), oyster sauce, rice noodles, rice flour, tapioca flour, rice crackers, baked pea crisps, and peanut butter and choc chip cookie dough (frozen so you can bake what you need when you need it).

On the way:
Bouillon cubes, muesli, cereal, flour mix, crackers, crispbread, lots of types of biscuits that all look delicious!, mini cakes, two types of bread, brownies, spaghetti and pasta.

If there is something you would like that isn't on this list, please let me know and I will try to source it.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Although I am not affected by any food intolerance, I think what Roz is doing is an amazing improvement for the quality of life for the affected. If they go to her shop, it is not a try and error system for unknown products, just grab what you see and like and be sure to have no issues with that. Maybe one day someone very enthusiastic starts something similar for MSG (E621)
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

These are two of the ranges I will be selling, obviously I can't stock everything to start with, but I am going to have lots of choices.

https://www.gerble-sans-gluten.com/

https://www.schaer.com/en-int/products
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic