My New Venture - Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Re: My New Venture - Goodness Me! It's Gluten Free

Post by Tootsfriend »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:44 pm If I even eat the wrong soy sauce I am ill for a few days, the pain throughout my body can get so chronic I can hardly walk. Every extremity gets swollen, I thought I had arthritis for a long time until I worked out what was really going on.
It's not a hippy lifestyle choice, it's the difference between being able to live and work, or being bedridden for several days.

Somehow I like that idea of being bedridden.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Alex wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 4:01 pm I've heard the term gluten free before but I'm pretty ignorant about it. How does that intolerance come about, are people born with it or does it just manifest at some point later in life?
I was ignorant too and was sick for years, not knowing what was wrong. I went on holiday with my son a few years ago and he was telling me about his experience. I went off bread and cakey products that day for a week. I felt great until I had a sandwich. Then I had to start educating myself and it's made an incredible difference in my life.
There are so many symptoms that seem completely unrelated until you realise what they all mean.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

yongchi wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:18 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:30 pm I am super excited to share this page, this has been a dream of mine for a long time.

We are going to run on the Facebook page and Hangme app, which seems to be excellent.

https://www.facebook.com/goodnessmeitsglutenfreeKH
I couldn't find the "Hangme app" in the Appstore.

Could you please share a link?
https://hangme.app/

Made by one of our forum members.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

atst wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:06 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:51 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:47 pm Do you have products in stock yet? Or a price list of what you plan on having?

I have a friend who is likely keen
We are finalising that, please ask them to like the Facebook page, if they are on Facebook.

One thing I'm very excited about is frozen cookie dough, enough to make 10 peanut butter and choc chip cookies and they are YUMMY!
One 500g roll will sell for $11 or thereabouts. (Made by the Muffin Man in Siem Reap)
Maybe you jumped the gun if you don't have any products or pricelist yet, only a Facebook page to like :please:
Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Time will tell I guess.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Tootsfriend wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:57 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:44 pm If I even eat the wrong soy sauce I am ill for a few days, the pain throughout my body can get so chronic I can hardly walk. Every extremity gets swollen, I thought I had arthritis for a long time until I worked out what was really going on.
It's not a hippy lifestyle choice, it's the difference between being able to live and work, or being bedridden for several days.

Somehow I like that idea of being bedridden.
You have no idea what you're talking about, the reason I get bedridden is because I am in too much pain to walk and too exhausted to get out of bed. Not fun at all.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

We will be holding an official opening after Khmer New Year, where there will be meals and products to try, along with live music and free giveaways. It's going to be a really fun night at one of the trendy art galleries.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:56 pm We will be holding an official opening after Khmer New Year, where there will be meals and products to try, along with live music and free giveaways. It's going to be a really fun night at one of the trendy art galleries.
Best of luck
Heiner
Tourist
Germany

Post by Heiner »

rozzieoz wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:30 pm I am super excited to share this page, this has been a dream of mine for a long time.

Being gluten free is not a fad or a lifestyle choice.
It is the ONLY way to treat gluten intolerance and Coeliac disease - a condition where your immune system attacks your own tissues when you eat gluten, which is the protein in wheat, rye, barley and some oats.
This damages your small intestine so you are unable to take in nutrients.

It's difficult to find gluten free products in Phnom Penh, you have to visit multiple stores to find everything you need or want.
Hopefully my team and I can alleviate this situation for many gluten intolerant people.

We are going to run on the Facebook page and Hangme app, which seems to be excellent.

https://www.facebook.com/goodnessmeitsglutenfreeKH
just as in info (I'm a retired organic farmer and produced gluten free oats...): Oats varieties are completely free from gluten. But on the fields, while transporting and processing it happens that other cereals are polluting the oats. So you have to look for "guaranteed gluten free oats". Its the same thing but they have to watch for contamination very carefully .
Good luck for your business!
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Heiner wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:47 pm just as in info (I'm a retired organic farmer and produced gluten free oats...): Oats varieties are completely free from gluten. But on the fields, while transporting and processing it happens that other cereals are polluting the oats. So you have to look for "guaranteed gluten free oats". Its the same thing but they have to watch for contamination very carefully .
Good luck for your business!
Thanks so much for this clarification!

[Mod edit: fixed quoting]
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

IS there gluten-free beer available somewhere in Phnom penh ?? And if so, does it make you drunk/aggressive and/or horny also ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic