War! What is it good for?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

War! What is it good for?

Post by vladimir »

If you have ever read any history, all the signs are there.

Massive unemployment, anger against abusive governments, shitty budgets, bankruptcy, injustice, carpetbaggers taking the money and running, religious nutters given credibility(ISIS in the ME, and right Wing Christian fucktards in the US and their buddy-schmuddies in the ME), Cold War revisited, it's going to happen.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
LTO
Expatriate

Re: War! What is it good for?

Post by LTO »

Oh yeah, it's going to happen. The reasons are almost irrelevant to it's inevitability. It's our nature.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
TheGrinchSR
Expatriate

Post by TheGrinchSR »

It's needed. Humanity has passed a tipping point. With billions lacking clean water and decent food. And billions more being gently repressed by those who "lead" them. There's a clear out on the cards.

My money's on China firing the first shot... but I'd take India as a second option and Russia as a third.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever." - George Orwell
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

The enormous human cost and possible end-of-the-world aside, if there is one thing I hope the coming war will finally settles, it's which end of a boiled egg should be opened first.
LTO Cambodia Blog

"Kafka is 'outdone' in our country, the new fatherland of Angkor" - Norodom Sihanouk
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

China and India both need a war to get rid of the surplus of young single men that cannot find wives, settle down build a house and live a normal life like those in power.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
vladimir
The Pun-isher
Russia

Post by vladimir »

I disagree. I believe that like WWI, the spark will be completely unexpected.

Philippines vs. China over Spratly's?

Chinese canal in Central America?

Try to look at the positive points, I won't need a pension plan.
Jesus loves you...Mexico is great, right? ;)
LTO
Expatriate

Post by LTO »

And our children won't need a college fund.
LTO Cambodia Blog

juansweetpotato
Expatriate

Post by juansweetpotato »

LTO wrote:Oh yeah, it's going to happen. The reasons are almost irrelevant to it's inevitability. It's our nature.
Only if you let it be. A lot of successful people are not having babies. That is supposed to be our prime reason to exist. Just try and be different, don't take to the popular views. Question everything you mum and dad taught you, don't just regurgitate it because you love them. Perception of madness may follow, but in the end it is the insane that run the earth anyway, so can't do any harm giving it a try. Long as you got some balls of course. Otherwise fit in, make your life easier, definitely suck some ass to get ahead, and always , always , always blame any other group society deems acceptable to blame at the time. If your going to take this latter stance, please don't try to think too hard. About anything.
"Can you spare some cutter for an old man?"
EdinWigan
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by EdinWigan »

Kashmir as number one, maybe Yemen as a catalyst at number two but the big one is the det' is Cyber
Remember your Karma helps a Wet Child In Wigan !
Sir_Quality_U_Feel
Expatriate

Post by Sir_Quality_U_Feel »

Men need war. Fucking shit up is in our DNA.
I'll give ya 500 Riel for it...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic