Your Hotel of choice when staying in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Re: Your Hotel of choice when staying in Phnom Penh?

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I am not seeing prices for the Sun and Moon ? Can a hotel with a pool in an area near riverside be got for around $400-$500 a week ?
yongchi
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by yongchi »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:41 pm I am not seeing prices for the Sun and Moon ? Can a hotel with a pool in an area near riverside be got for around $400-$500 a week ?
Take a look at Ohana.
Also see @armchairlawyer's list:
post539069.html#p539069
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Cheers I just had a quick look on Booking.com seems there are a few, will look at the link you posted. The Ok Boutique looks nice
Province
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by Province »

Patio Hotel & Urban Resort was good with buffet breakfast,40$ night 2021
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Province wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:28 pm Patio Hotel & Urban Resort was good with buffet breakfast,40$ night 2021
Ever since (amidst COVID) prices have gone up a bit, 25% in this case.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:41 pm I am not seeing prices for the Sun and Moon ? Can a hotel with a pool in an area near riverside be got for around $400-$500 a week ?
How about you own private swimming pool? Hotel, not apartment. On Riverside. <$1500/mth. You could get just about anywhere for that money if you pay a month in advance.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:29 pm i stayed in december a month in seasons service apartement on 144, close to the action (5 minutes walk to riverside, its 4 blocks), and asked for 1 month, no problem at all, was 650 plus elctricity, 2 clean ups a week and fully equiped kitchen, will go again next time for sure !! And i also heard (unofficial) they can arrange visa-extenion for their customers even if it would have issues if you do it yourself !!
Had a friend visit recently and stayed at the Sun N Moon, a good place. The standard rooms are about $65/day and the suites which are very nice are about $125/day. A few years ago I lived at the aforementioned "Seasons Apartments" on Street 144. You can stay there for one month for about $600-$700 with nice large space and dependable wifi and good level of security. The Sun N Moon standard rooms would be almost $2000/month. Anyway, both are good but with the apartment you need to commit to one month in advance. Good luck.
paul2d
Expatriate
Canada

Post by paul2d »

Just stayed a week ago for 3 nights at Sunway Hotel (adjacent to Wat Phnom) for an extremely reasonable price. Great staff. Comfortable room. Booked through Travelocity, paid in cash at check-in.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

paul2d wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 4:48 am Just stayed a week ago for 3 nights at Sunway Hotel (adjacent to Wat Phnom) for an extremely reasonable price. Great staff. Comfortable room. Booked through Travelocity, paid in cash at check-in.
What is a reasonable price?
Boredom is like a shroud
ozguyinshv
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ozguyinshv »

I like home chic hotel. Nice pool, good breakfast, nice rooms, and walking distance to some nice restaurants in BKK1. A short tuk tuk ride to most places too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic