Entry to Cambodia News: Return of VOA's - no more C19 testing

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Entry to Cambodia News: Return of VOA's - no more C19 testing

Post by Kenr »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:44 am
Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:34 am

Well I’m not stupid, I am vaccinated, I just thought it was odd that I would need to take a Covid test before checking in beings I am fully vaccinated. I am not upset about it, it is what it is, but for me it’s a little overkill and if I’m going to lease a place for a year I don’t want my hands tied to who I can or cannot bring to my room. So I will probably be looking for someplace else. No big deal.
I think the 'strong advice' to self test is misinterpreted by the hotel as 'a requirement'.
Possible, but she made it clear it was their policy. It wouldn’t matter now anyway, if they are that strict on allowing guests for someone staying there long term, apparently as the other individual claims, I’d rather just find someplace else. Not a big deal, just glad I found out now rather than later.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 am

Well I’m not stupid, I am vaccinated, I just thought it was odd that I would need to take a Covid test before checking in beings I am fully vaccinated. I am not upset about it, it is what it is, but for me it’s a little overkill and if I’m going to lease a place for a year I don’t want my hands tied to who I can or cannot bring to my room. So I will probably be looking for someplace else. No big deal.
I think the 'strong advice' to self test is misinterpreted by the hotel as 'a requirement'.
Possible, but she made it clear it was their policy. It wouldn’t matter now anyway, if they are that strict on allowing guests for someone staying there long term, apparently as the other individual claims, I’d rather just find someplace else. Not a big deal, just glad I found out now rather than later.
The serviced apartments on st 110 cost $900 but will give you a lot more space and a better location. No Covid bs. Well run by a nice family. No gym or pool, however.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:30 am
Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 am

The serviced apartments on st 110 cost $900 but will give you a lot more space and a better location. No Covid bs. Well run by a nice family. No gym or pool, however.
Do you have the name of that place?
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:33 am

If you tell me your start date, I will check exactly what they have available.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:20 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:03 am
Kenr wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:40 pm Funny little tidbit. Contacted Season Residence about daily and long-term rates to stay there. I was told that I would need proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test. I replied to them that the government has suspended the Covid test requirements and they replied that a self test would still be needed. They seemed really nice, I told them I would get back to them when it got closer to my arrival date.
Ha, yes I have been asked for my vaccine card when checking into hotels in Cambodia and Thailand sometimes. Never been asked for a negative test in Cambodia, once in Phuket.
Just go somewhere else. Most places don't ask.
I’ve been looking for a place to stay long term (1 year) when I get there, only place I could find that had the location I was looking for and all the amenities I wanted, all for $600 month for a 1 year term for a 48 sq meter room. Keep looking I guess, maybe they will change their policy within the next few months.
Just stay at a hotel short term, then sort out your longterm accommodation
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:42 am
Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:20 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:03 am
Kenr wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:40 pm Funny little tidbit. Contacted Season Residence about daily and long-term rates to stay there. I was told that I would need proof of vaccination and a negative Covid test. I replied to them that the government has suspended the Covid test requirements and they replied that a self test would still be needed. They seemed really nice, I told them I would get back to them when it got closer to my arrival date.
Ha, yes I have been asked for my vaccine card when checking into hotels in Cambodia and Thailand sometimes. Never been asked for a negative test in Cambodia, once in Phuket.
Just go somewhere else. Most places don't ask.
I’ve been looking for a place to stay long term (1 year) when I get there, only place I could find that had the location I was looking for and all the amenities I wanted, all for $600 month for a 1 year term for a 48 sq meter room. Keep looking I guess, maybe they will change their policy within the next few months.
Just stay at a hotel short term, then sort out your longterm accommodation
That’s what I was going to do at Season Residence, when I emailed them and asked for a daily rate for 2 weeks and if I liked it what a 1-year lease would be.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:41 am

Some time in August.
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

Bongmab69 wrote:I stayed as Seaons over Christmas and Newyear, and its very nice and clean place, they do a lot of cleaning against covid, even the "the spunnges" over the door-locks, they change and wash every day, they are really strict, a friend of mine wanted to visit my appartement and was refused to enter because he forget his vaccin-card in his hotel !! Thats how it should be in my eyes, if you are not vacinated, you shold be stuppid to travel to the other side of the world in my eyes !!
Since vaccination doesn't prevent you from catching or transmitting covid, having to show a vax card is nonsensical. The vax might prevent you from symptoms, which would mean vaccinated people are more likely to pass it on without realizing they are running around with this virus. Maybe don't allow people with a Snuffy nose and or sore throat makes more sense.

This virus has a +99,9% survival rate, this whole lockdown, QR code crap has gone over the top and it's time to stop living in fear.

+95% of the people in Cambodia have been vaccinated, herd immunity was supposed to be around 70%, factor in the people that have natural immunity and its time to go back to a pre covid society.

armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:00 am

Some time in August.
I admire your advance planning!
It's too early now to talk about specific apartments but they have 3 types in the building.
Two bed large (about 100m2) - $900 - at the front so more noisy
Two bed medium (about 75m2) - $850
One bed small - $600

The prices go down for the lower floors, as do the views.
They will let you begin with a month trial at the normal rental price (subject to availability).

I can give you more details by private message if you need it.
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:46 am
Kenr wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:00 am

Some time in August.
I admire your advance planning!
It's too early now to talk about specific apartments but they have 3 types in the building.
Two bed large (about 100m2) - $900 - at the front so more noisy
Two bed medium (about 75m2) - $850
One bed small - $600

The prices go down for the lower floors, as do the views.
They will let you begin with a month trial at the normal rental price (subject to availability).

I can give you more details by private message if you need it.
Yes, please. Main things I need to know is it’s location, if it has a front entrance, an elevator, and a balcony.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic