Baby Killed Tragically in Domestic Dispute

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Baby Killed Tragically in Domestic Dispute

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Banteay Meanchey Province): In a tragic incident on March 14, 2022, in Prasat Tbeng village, Banteay Chhmar commune, Thmor Pouk district, a 28-year-old man called Lous Thom was having a fight with his 38-year-old wife, Khon Khouch, when he attempted to hit his wife with a chair and accidentally killed their 1-year-old baby girl.
The baby suffered serious trauma and injuries and succumbed to her death at the Siem Reap hospital. RIP.

The suspect is being detained for further proceedings.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Baby Killed Tragically in Domestic Dispute

Post by rozzieoz »

OMG! This is too tragic for words. I hope this forces changes to domestic violence laws in this country.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:18 pm OMG! This is too tragic for words. I hope this forces changes to domestic violence laws in this country.
One would hope so but I am not holding my breath. Domestic violence seems to be well ingrained here.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

hanno wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:24 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:18 pm OMG! This is too tragic for words. I hope this forces changes to domestic violence laws in this country.
One would hope so but I am not holding my breath. Domestic violence seems to be well ingrained here.
Are there any reasons for that to be so in this country?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Laws don't change anything it people's attitudes and behaviors that need changing
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

atst wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:48 pm
Laws don't change anything it people's attitudes and behaviors that need changing
These two observations.
Stiffer, real laws are all well and good, but they deal with the aftermath. Fundamentally, what are the reasons these things escalate so quickly, and so often with collateral damage.

-Alcohol
-drugs
-poverty
-desperation
-sense of futility

The list could go on.

So, in under two weeks, a report of a family now losing a baby, and a baby losing a father. Stupidity, and loss of control.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:41 pm
I would contend that it is widespread all over SE Asia, if not most of Asia. People tend to not get involved in domestic disputes, look the other way when they see women or children with injuries, and the thinking along the lines of "spare the rod, spoil the child (wife)" is also pretty common.
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

hanno wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:16 pm
AndyKK wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:41 pm
I would contend that it is widespread all over SE Asia, if not most of Asia. People tend to not get involved in domestic disputes, look the other way when they see women or children with injuries, and the thinking along the lines of "spare the rod, spoil the child (wife)" is also pretty common.
If not most of the world... It seems to be a common human trait. Western countries may have more laws on the books but they punish offenders more than prevent violence. Even with laws, domestic violence still occurs.

I suppose someone will dig up the statistics by country to see who has the most domestic violence. Of course, much of it is unreported.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Poor girl!
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic