Cheap mosquito screen for my door.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
HappyChappy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Cheap mosquito screen for my door.

Post by HappyChappy »

IT"S TOO HOT!!!!! I'm moving into a new place and do NOT want to get taken to the cleaners on my electricity bill. Where can I get a well priced mosquito screen fitted to my apartment door? I've seen some on magnets that look like they do the job, I just need something that fits.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cheap mosquito screen for my door.

Post by Chuck Borris »

I use aircon a lot in hot months and never had electricity bill more than 80$.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Chuck Borris wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:37 pm I use aircon a lot in hot months and never had electricity bill more than 80$.
It's all relative. I have a fan cooled house and never paid more than 30$.

AC uses 20-30 times the power of a fan.

About the door of the OP. When are you planning to open the door? During the day the outside air will be hotter than inside and during the night you might be reluctant to keep the door open.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:46 pm
Chuck Borris wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:37 pm I use aircon a lot in hot months and never had electricity bill more than 80$.

About the door of the OP. When are you planning to open the door? During the day the outside air will be hotter than inside and during the night you might be reluctant to keep the door open.
AC cools the room down 20 to 30 times more. Hell, 50 times more!

I like a nice cold room.
People of the world, spice up your life.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

HappyChappy wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:09 pm IT"S TOO HOT!!!!! I'm moving into a new place and do NOT want to get taken to the cleaners on my electricity bill. Where can I get a well priced mosquito screen fitted to my apartment door? I've seen some on magnets that look like they do the job, I just need something that fits.
Those magnet ones are crap and the fixing strips are velcro with sticky pads that fall off due the weight of the screen.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

mannanman wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:56 pm

I like a nice cold room.
Fans don't cool the room, they just blow the hot air around, so if AC cool 50 times more.... 50 times zero..... :stir:

If you like a nice cold room maybe Cambodia shouldn't be the place of ur choice. Sweden maybe? Norway? Denmark, Canada?

Anyway, I think in Phnom Penh, unless you're in a really good isolated high quality unit facing north, the use of AC is inevitable since it's a really hot place.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:21 pm
mannanman wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 7:56 pm

I like a nice cold room.
Fans don't cool the room, they just blow the hot air around, so if AC cool 50 times more.... 50 times zero..... :stir:

If you like a nice cold room maybe Cambodia shouldn't be the place of ur choice. Sweden maybe? Norway? Denmark, Canada?

Anyway, I think in Phnom Penh, unless you're in a really good isolated high quality unit facing north, the use of AC is inevitable since it's a really hot place.
Never thought about Sweden or Canada.

I’m off.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

As a side-note, and kind of related to this subject.

Whenever I visit, the mosquito's don't bother me much. When I was there in 2006 with my son (1/2 Khmer) they were all over him all the time, but didn't bother me much. Only time I really worried was when visiting Pailin since there was/is a different strain of malaria there, more resistant to the preventive medicine (very worrisome).

Have you noticed that the mosquitos bother you (are attracted to) you more or less than the locals? The subject matter made me wonder if I was an oddball when it came to them (mosquitos).
What, Me worry?
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:18 pm As a side-note, and kind of related to this subject.

Whenever I visit, the mosquito's don't bother me much. When I was there in 2006 with my son (1/2 Khmer) they were all over him all the time, but didn't bother me much. Only time I really worried was when visiting Pailin since there was/is a different strain of malaria there, more resistant to the preventive medicine (very worrisome).

Have you noticed that the mosquitos bother you (are attracted to) you more or less than the locals? The subject matter made me wonder if I was an oddball when it came to them (mosquitos).
I’m the same when I’m with my kid so I just make sure he’s always around.
Perfect “repellent” and he’s always available.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

mannanman wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:30 am
Kampuchia Crumbs wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:18 pm As a side-note, and kind of related to this subject.

I’m the same when I’m with my kid so I just make sure he’s always around.
Perfect “repellent” and he’s always available.
https://www.pfizer.com/news/featured_st ... ite%20them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic