White guy working at Uptown Bar Kampot accused of beating local woman

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: White guy working at Uptown Bar Kampot accused of beating local woman

Post by ItWasntMe »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:35 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:35 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:20 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:27 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:20 pm I've been running away from obnoxious men for years, I've never had to push anyone to the ground. Ever.
Your personal experience with men is irrelevant. Having a vagina does not mean that you are allowed to attack someone that has a penis. Having a penis does not mean that you are not allowed to defend yourself from someone that has a vagina.
I've never attacked anyone either, not sure where you got the idea I was defending her actions.
I don't condone what the woman did, not sure where you got that idea.
She was wrong and he was wrong, and the situation could have been avoided without resorting to a push.
That's the thing. Being punched in the face doesn't mean that you are wrong. Being stalked and repeatedly punched in the face also does not mean that you're wrong.

There is nothing in the story to indicate the man did anything wrong, you're only assuming this.

I also doubt you would describe a man punching you in the face as simply being "obnoxious".

But hey whatever floats your boat.
My comments are about the Kampot story, with the guy being hit from behind by a Khmer woman, who then turned around and pushed her to the ground, because he supposedly had no other way to get away from her.
There was no mention of anyone being punched in the face, do keep up dear.
You're so busy thinking up new ways to insult me, that you've lost track of the story.
"One case i witnessed in Kampot where the woman have been beating a guy in the face. He stayed very calm and tried to walk away but she follow and keep beating him from behind."

Ok dear.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
DankSinatra
BANNED
New Zealand

Post by DankSinatra »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:35 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:35 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:20 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:27 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:20 pm I've been running away from obnoxious men for years, I've never had to push anyone to the ground. Ever.
Your personal experience with men is irrelevant. Having a vagina does not mean that you are allowed to attack someone that has a penis. Having a penis does not mean that you are not allowed to defend yourself from someone that has a vagina.
I've never attacked anyone either, not sure where you got the idea I was defending her actions.
I don't condone what the woman did, not sure where you got that idea.
She was wrong and he was wrong, and the situation could have been avoided without resorting to a push.
That's the thing. Being punched in the face doesn't mean that you are wrong. Being stalked and repeatedly punched in the face also does not mean that you're wrong.

There is nothing in the story to indicate the man did anything wrong, you're only assuming this.

I also doubt you would describe a man punching you in the face as simply being "obnoxious".

But hey whatever floats your boat.
My comments are about the Kampot story, with the guy being hit from behind by a Khmer woman, who then turned around and pushed her to the ground, because he supposedly had no other way to get away from her.
There was no mention of anyone being punched in the face, do keep up dear.
You're so busy thinking up new ways to insult me, that you've lost track of the story.

You obviously have never lived in Kampot

If you get into trouble at night, I guarantee you there is NOWHERE to go...You are at the mercy of the local nightlife Fauna

Ditsy Dumb comments from.you again.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:22 pm
CaptainCanuck wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:57 am
rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:56 pm
Albror wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:44 am
One case i witnessed in Kampot where the woman have been beating a guy in the face. He stayed very calm and tried to walk away but she follow and keep beating him from behind. Then he as a last resort pushed her to the ground in a apptemt to create space and get away from her. Would you say backstory did not matter there too? Some guys who only saw the part where he pushed her jumped him and he, as a victim of violence from a woman now also got beat up by full grown men. Yes, backstory can matter.
What utter crap. He could have walked faster (or even ran), jumped in a tuk tuk, gone to the bathroom and locked the door. There are ALWAYS ways to get away.

Ok Roz ...now reverse the genders .... does your argument still hold water .... if not it’s simply strawman bs ..... but you do you .......
I have! I've had to lock myself in a bathroom to get away from a creep, I've had to run away from a situation where a man was getting feisty, I've done MANY things to avoid being on the receiving end of verbal / physical abuse.
I'm sure that the big, strong man could have worked out something, rather than pushing.
So women who get assaulted just didn't walk away fast enough or only the men ??? I'm having trouble following your logic ... Help an old guy out ...... Or are you simply implying you're a superior deescalator of difficult situations than the average person ..... Talking with you is always like opening Pandora's Box but I do enjoy the excitement of possibly learning a new point of view.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Verbal abuse towards women is offensive to me, and I can't be alone.

Yes, they are superior to us. Asking why, would be further proof.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

rozzieoz wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:25 pm
Albror wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:11 pm Maybe you are a abuser too? Hit you man black and blue to tell him that its his fault for not running away from you in time?
You're on crack. I've never hit a man in my life, for god's sake, what absolute bullshit nonsense is this?
Didnt say you do but you seem to have the same way of thinking.

Its simply out of my mind how you can have the opinion that you can hit someone and then blame them for it because they did not run away fast enough? Can i apply this logic for my wife when she annoy me? Will you take my side?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic