White guy working at Uptown Bar Kampot accused of beating local woman

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: White guy working at Uptown Bar Kampot accused of beating local woman

Post by atst »

Should be against violence against any one, we have a friend a small Khmer guy who sometimes turns up at our house to stay the night as his wife has beaten him, or like the other night to scared to go home, but he loves her.
We have people on here advocating violence against this guy, does it make it right NO
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Mister1107
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by Mister1107 »

is this a girlie bar or ladyboy bar??

i get "up to u bar "and "uptown bar" confused

both are nearby
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You can rest assured that you are not the only confused foreigner in Kampot. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Mister1107 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:32 pm is this a girlie bar or ladyboy bar??

both are nearby
Does it matter in this instance?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Mister1107 wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 8:32 pm is this a girlie bar or ladyboy bar??

both are nearby
Easy way to remember: There's a double u in the first bar, and a w in the second bar. U is, in the 2nd bar, and confused. Confucius say: "If you're confused, you're probably in the ladyboy bar."
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Mister1107
Tourist
Afghanistan

Post by Mister1107 »

I’m new to Kampot

I was looking for a somewhere to eat and stopped at restaurant on the corner. ( beside “ up to u” bar)

While waiting for my food I couldn’t help but notice an excruciating conversation between a ladyboy and an English man . The ladyboy was talking loudly in this horrific pidgin English that most of the time was incomprehensible. The English man seemed to be having a royal time , giggling and laughing at whatever this freak had to say .

Why would an English man travel half way around the world to a bar in Kampot to converse with a ladyboy who can hardly string a sentence together??

The mind boggles.

I guess the English man leads a very sad and depressing existence back in good auld blighty so any conversation is welcome.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Mister1107 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:11 pm I’m new to Kampot

I was looking for a somewhere to eat and stopped at restaurant on the corner. ( beside “ up to u” bar)
That might be the worst restaurant in Kampot; it's clientele is mainly 55+ year old barang Siahnoukville refugees nursing their 50c beers and eating parasitic and pesticide infused half cooked bad takes on UK council house fare and khmer food that even a kampong cham trotter would struggle to get down
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:22 pm

That might be the worst restaurant in Kampot; it's clientele is mainly 55+ year old barang Siahnoukville refugees nursing their 50c beers and eating parasitic and pesticide infused half cooked bad takes on UK council house fare and khmer food that even a kampong cham trotter would struggle to get down
So... not a fan?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:04 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:22 pm

So... not a fan?
Any port in a storm
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

I wonder what the backstory is. Guy is an addict and desperate for some money to get his next fix? Lady swiped something from him and he was getting revenge? Relationship gone bad?

Regardless of backstory - the video doesn't show anything that indicates self-defense, he needs to be locked up.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic