White guy working at Uptown Bar Kampot accused of beating local woman

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: White guy working at Uptown Bar Kampot accused of beating local woman

Post by Freightdog »

Screenshot-

Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

How much does the back story really matter?
Where I am from this assault on a female from a physically superior male would not go unchallenged in a public area, I can guarantee that.
We are witnessing a grown man assault a 40kg ish female... It doesn't matter what led to the assault...
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Grand Barong wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:34 am How much does the back story really matter?
Where I am from this assault on a female from a physically superior male would not go unchallenged in a public area, I can guarantee that.
We are witnessing a grown man assault a 40kg ish female... It doesn't matter what led to the assault...
Noone is defending what he did in the video, he did not do it in selfdefence. But its also not ok to lie about what a man did by a woman to get him into more trouble. That happen alot.

But ok....

One case i witnessed in Kampot where the woman have been beating a guy in the face. He stayed very calm and tried to walk away but she follow and keep beating him from behind. Then he as a last resort pushed her to the ground in a apptemt to create space and get away from her. Would you say backstory did not matter there too? Some guys who only saw the part where he pushed her jumped him and he, as a victim of violence from a woman now also got beat up by full grown men. Yes, backstory can matter.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

I bet the cops are sick of Chara.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Albror wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:44 am
One case i witnessed in Kampot where the woman have been beating a guy in the face. He stayed very calm and tried to walk away but she follow and keep beating him from behind. Then he as a last resort pushed her to the ground in a apptemt to create space and get away from her. Would you say backstory did not matter there too? Some guys who only saw the part where he pushed her jumped him and he, as a victim of violence from a woman now also got beat up by full grown men. Yes, backstory can matter.
What utter crap. He could have walked faster (or even ran), jumped in a tuk tuk, gone to the bathroom and locked the door. There are ALWAYS ways to get away.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 1:56 pm
What utter crap. He could have walked faster (or even ran), jumped in a tuk tuk, gone to the bathroom and locked the door. There are ALWAYS ways to get away.
Should he also have worn something different? :)

The girl in the story is obviously in the wrong and the man practicing self defense well within his legal rights.

You mam are being sexist.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:02 pm

The girl in the story is obviously in the wrong and the man practicing self defense well within his legal rights.

I've been running away from obnoxious men for years, I've never had to push anyone to the ground. Ever.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:20 pm I've been running away from obnoxious men for years, I've never had to push anyone to the ground. Ever.
Your personal experience with men is irrelevant. Having a vagina does not mean that you are allowed to attack someone that has a penis. Having a penis does not mean that you are not allowed to defend yourself from someone that has a vagina.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Albror
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by Albror »

Sure, maybe he could have run faster instead of trying to simply walk away but are you seriously blaming the victim for that situation right now? Back story is never important because women are not able to cause bodily harm against a man? Talk about sexism.

Maybe you are a abuser too? Hit you man black and blue to tell him that its his fault for not running away from you in time?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

rozzieoz wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:20 pm
ItWasntMe wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:02 pm

I've been running away from obnoxious men for years, I've never had to push anyone to the ground. Ever.
I disagree with violence, more so violence against the so-called weaker sex. The point is not that you have ever pushed anyone to the ground. But have you ever been pushed to the ground.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic